Gold rims from Thailand xr80

TexasVet
I have several project xr80's from 1982+. All have rusty spokes and rims. I really don't want to spend $250 per wheel to replace wheels. I can get a spoke set and rim for about $100. Any thoughts on these rims? I like the gold vs. chrome stockers. Can we leave the politics of origin out of the discussion? Please. Thanks.
|
9/15/2019 2:14pm
Have you looked into replating them (rims)?
Also if you have several XR80 projects you don't have a financial issue you have a mental health issue ;-)
Post some photos as who doesn't love some XR80's
TexasVet
9/15/2019 2:53pm
Have you looked into replating them (rims)? Also if you have several XR80 projects you don't have a financial issue you have a mental health issue...
Have you looked into replating them (rims)?
Also if you have several XR80 projects you don't have a financial issue you have a mental health issue ;-)
Post some photos as who doesn't love some XR80's
Hi,

No. Not interested in chrome at any level.

I've got the money. I'm just not going to put $500 wheels on a $250 bike that I can't sell for $500.

Just want to know if these are viable alternatives to $150(ea.) rims(w/o spokes).
dkurtd
9/15/2019 6:28pm
I guess the real question is what are you planning on doing with the XR's. If they are only used as pit bikes then I wouldn't have a problem using the Thai rims.
TexasVet
9/15/2019 9:58pm
dkurtd wrote:
I guess the real question is what are you planning on doing with the XR's. If they are only used as pit bikes then I wouldn't...
I guess the real question is what are you planning on doing with the XR's. If they are only used as pit bikes then I wouldn't have a problem using the Thai rims.
Pit bikes with an occasional buddy race. I've always loved the gold rims on any bike. I have a 1979 xr80 with twin shocks and would like to put 13.5 Fox Airshox on the rear. Back in the day, rich guys had this setup and was just
trick as hell, then and now. Thanks.

Post a reply to: Gold rims from Thailand xr80

The Latest