Getting a ‘15 FC450 back running after months of not riding

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2019 6:48 PM

Just wanting to pick the minds of the more mechanically inclinded people of Vital (looking at you, Paw Paw). I haven’t ridden in months, primarily due to winter and other obligations.

Very low hours on the bike (~10 hours) and the battery sounds strong, but it just will not fire up. I replaced the stock battery with a Shorai lithium battery about a year ago. I’ve ran VP T4 and non-ethanol pump gas in this bike exclusively.

I plan on performing all the typical “ride season maintence” prior to riding, but I’m just wondering what’s keeping it from firing up.

Thanks for any input.

|

4/13/2019 8:05 PM

Are you getting fuel delivery?
Do you have a good Blue spark?
Was the old fuel drained before parking it?
Have you tried a shot of starter fluid while cranking it over to see if it will fire?
Is the plug out of the exhaust?

Paw Paw

|

4/14/2019 5:32 AM

Drain the gas and put fresh in. Put the battery on a battery tender over night. Should fire up.

|

4/17/2019 4:42 PM

Paw Paw 271 wrote:

Are you getting fuel delivery?
Do you have a good Blue spark?
Was the old fuel drained before parking it?
Have you tried a ...more

I legit lol’d at the exhaust plug comment (though that has happened to the best of us).

It had a small amount of fuel, but I ended up just adding fuel and charging the battery, now it’s good to go.

|

4/17/2019 8:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2019 8:54 PM

Saw a mini dad struggling to start juniors bike at the track. I told him "Check your inputs and outputs". He looked at me like I was nuts. I said your input, you know air, did you leave the filter wash cover on from last time??

5 min later, he walked up and said thanks the wash cover was on. cool

That damn exhaust plug has got me a few times.

|

4/18/2019 3:03 AM

Markee wrote:

Saw a mini dad struggling to start juniors bike at the track. I told him "Check your inputs and outputs". He looked at me like ...more

Had a plastic bag over a filter once when doing a quick wash between motos. Bike fired up fine and took fuel enough to ride to the gate but I quickly figured it out the 2 card was up.

|