Funnelweb air filters

BirtDikes
Fantasy
2822nd
4/19/2018 5:46am
Anybody used them? I can get them for about half the price of twin air, so just wondering if anyone has any experience with them
|
4/19/2018 7:24am
I have used them here in Australis. The guy thst makes them John Rickman was Partners in Finer Filter and sold it to uni filter back in 03 or 4. He started devloping the filters he sells now Funnel web filters about ten or 12 years ago. He actually supplied fillters to the factory KTM Motocross and Off Road teams for over 5 years before taking them to market. I worked for KTM and we loved yhe guy.... we never washed a filter the whole time i was there. He gave us 100s of them. He would take them back dirty and cut them up and see where the dirt had got to. The first ones he made worked great but he kept on devloping them and in the end flowed better and caught dirt better than any thing else on the market. The dirt here in Australia is way finer the North America. We are the oldest dryedt content on the planet so if the work good here they will go great in the States. The only negative is the sealing surface to the air box he has made out of a type of rubber. It seems to make the filter a little harder to wash
Good stuff i think!
Jrewing
4/20/2018 1:45am
Not used the filters but catching the spiders and playing with them is fun. Tough little buggers
MJC
4/21/2018 4:59am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 3:57am
There is a funnel web emblem in the centre of the filter, the first one I had tore at the emblem after about 10(max) uses. Had another on rotation. Was a bit shitty but emailed them and John replaced with the newer version (rubber seal instead of foam). Bit wary but overall I’ve been impressed. Haven’t ruled out that I was too vigorous washing the original. I use Belray oil and turps followed by detergent to clean.
Edit: sorry, I use kero not turps.
mayzo
4/25/2018 3:04am
I've about 4/5 of them in rotation along with 2 stock twin air ktm filters. Can't fault them at all. So far so good. I rate them highly. I have to clean my own though.
Funny thing is that I saw a guy in Dallas back in 2017 at the Arlington supercross with a stubble holder made out off the same filter material. Never seen one in Australia ?

The Shop

bowser
4/29/2018 3:41am
They are my preference also, have been using them for years, always wash them in kero and soapy water afterwards and no issues

Post a reply to: Funnelweb air filters

The Latest