Fork lug causing the axle to bind

Related:
Create New Tag

11/11/2018 10:45 AM

Need some help. Purchased a set of second hand KYB forks for my 2018 KX450F, forks are in great shape and recently serviced by Enzo.

But it seems like the right fork lug axle opening is slightly out of round. I have to drive a screw driver between the clamp for the axle to slide in. Then once I tighten everything the axle binds, wheel won’t spin freely and the forks bind. Any ideas? I have taken a part and reinstalled the wheel multiple times and can’t get it to free up.

Thanks in advance

|

11/11/2018 11:28 AM

Sure it’s not the axle itself? Maybe it’s been dropped and tweaked it enough to bind

|

11/11/2018 11:59 AM

Nope it is the opening of the lug, the axle goes right through the other set of forks.

It just the opening, the axle goes in if I put it through the other side of the lug then stops at the opening..

|

11/14/2018 10:21 AM

Try each one individually, if both fit fine then you have a mis alignment. Measure down from the tripples. One longer than the other? Things like that.

|

11/14/2018 10:41 AM

Use digital calipers to measure the ID of the opening on each side of each lug. Measure each spot from multiple angles to ensure accurate readings. Should help you figure out what's out of wack where..

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

11/14/2018 11:19 AM

I cant think of any reason your wheel wont spin unless theres an issue with your spacers. Try tightening only the axle nut and see if thats the case. Id be willing to bet the other forks’ distance from inner lug to inner lug is less.

|