Favorite and least favorite maintenance part?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2019 11:05 PM

Curious to know everybody’s favorite thing to work on and something they dread doing.
- favorite thing is linkage.
-Least favorite is steering stem bearings by far. I’d rather tear my whole motor down then grease my freaking steering stem bearings Photo
Photo

|

11/14/2019 11:43 PM

Least favorite: Bearing maintenance...linkage-steering

Most favorite: Changing tires....something about new sneakers gets me excited!

|

11/16/2019 3:20 AM

Yep, linkage/swingarm bearing maintenance.

|

11/16/2019 6:50 AM

Favorte: full motor rebuild

Hate: changing tires - i will not do them. My dad is a service manager at a dealership and i take full advantage of free tire changes with the machine

|

11/16/2019 7:50 AM

kb228 wrote:

Favorte: full motor rebuild

Hate: changing tires - i will not do them. My dad is a service manager at a dealership and i take full advantage of free tire changes with the machine

Same, well he isn’t service manager but my dad also changes my tires. I ain’t dealing with them. Or I’ll even pay somebody $10 to do it.

|

11/16/2019 9:39 AM

Come on don’t you guys clean your air filters? 😂

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

11/16/2019 1:43 PM

I dont mind air filters. No toils setup is super easy.

|

11/16/2019 9:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2019 9:45 PM

Changing tires is the absolute worst. I’d rather frame a whole bike or clean 100 air filters before doing tires. Just one of those things no matter what pisses me off.

Suspension rebuilds and bearing repacks are relaxing too me

|

11/17/2019 12:28 AM

Ugh- bleeding brakes. Jeez, I don't know what's up but I make such a fugging mess every time!!!
I'll take the hose off the bleeder and fluid goes flying everywhere or drains on to the floor . . . I'm just a disaster at it.

Fun- Lacing and truing wheels. I just put on some relaxing music, zen out and take my time. I'm not fast by any means but I do kinda like it.

|

11/17/2019 4:12 AM

Uncle Tony wrote:

Nope , I throw them away now . Just not worth cleaning them anymore

|

11/17/2019 7:29 AM

FWYT wrote:

Ugh- bleeding brakes. Jeez, I don't know what's up but I make such a fugging mess every time!!!
I'll take the hose off the bleeder and fluid goes flying everywhere or drains on to the floor . . . I'm just a disaster at it.

Fun- Lacing and truing wheels. I just put on some relaxing music, zen out and take my time. I'm not fast by any means but I do kinda like it.

I like lacing wheels also, and don’t mind changing tyres either, I have a theory on changing tyres, if it’s fighting you you’re doing it wrong

Too me cleaning air filters just sucks

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

11/17/2019 11:53 AM

Uncle Tony wrote:

Yep air filters, I hate them, easy to do its just the fact you have to do them every single time you ride.

|

11/20/2019 4:53 AM

Linkage/Headset Bearings !!!

|

11/20/2019 9:26 AM

Used to hate air filters, but switched to No Toil and it seems much easier and safer overall

I won't miss kerosene and sticky petroleum based oil

|