Factory edition 450SXF's

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2019 7:44 PM

Has any one had any experience with the factory editions, any thing in the engine internally that makes them special or differnt from production version?

or are they worth the extra coin, a couple years ago they came with billet clutch covers was there anything inside that was a bonus? im just wondering cause i have one on order.

also is the mapping different?

what about fork and shock settings what makes them so special?

obviously im gonna go cone valve, but i mean seriously whats so differnt? can someone please answer my questions with reasoning on why they are worth the extra money.? Photo

|

1/27/2019 8:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2019 8:06 PM

For the 18.5 you paid extra for the factory clutch cover, the disc guard and floating front disc, anodized triple clamps, factory seat cover with Red Bull graphics, internals of the engine are the same, 18.5 was the first for the pankel tranny but now the 19s have adopted it as well. The 19.5 you lose the clutch cover but gain the anodized hubs and akrapovic exhaust. Updated suspension setting (useless because cone valves ?), also the orange frame but we should see that on the 2021 if the cycle continues. Anodized rear sprocket, holeshot device, composite skidplate... blah blah blah. In my honest opinion the factory editions are only worth it when a brand new overhauled bike comes out. From 15-16 and from 18-19. You get the bike 6-8 months earlier and the trick pieces are a bonus, and they are usually stuff most people would upgrade to or purchase anyways. Just my 2¢.
Photo

|

1/27/2019 8:12 PM

Millerrr973 wrote:

For the 18.5 you paid extra for the factory clutch cover, the disc guard and floating front disc, anodized triple clamps, factory seat cover with Red Bull graphics, internals of the engine are the same, 18.5 was the first for the pankel tranny but now the 19s have adopted it as well. The 19.5 you lose the clutch cover but gain the anodized hubs and akrapovic exhaust. Updated suspension setting (useless because cone valves ?), also the orange frame but we should see that on the 2021 if the cycle continues. Anodized rear sprocket, holeshot device, composite skidplate... blah blah blah. In my honest opinion the factory editions are only worth it when a brand new overhauled bike comes out. From 15-16 and from 18-19. You get the bike 6-8 months earlier and the trick pieces are a bonus, and they are usually stuff most people would upgrade to or purchase anyways. Just my 2¢.
Photo

okay thank you so much, i cant wait to get mine, but im thinking its gonna get stripped down the very first day i have it for titanium fastners and axles, micro blue treatment, ceramic bearings, copper valve seats, remap for t4 and map 2 for higher grade fuel, and then the right side case cover coating and hinson clutch, oh and the tumbling of the tranny too. Really cant wait and will want to ride it but it will be good to do all the stuff mentioned above.

|

1/28/2019 4:15 PM

Millerrr973 wrote:

Photo

How do you like the carbon p3 frame guards? I’ve wanted to pull the trigger, but was waiting to see them on. They look great!

|

1/28/2019 4:56 PM

jwoltz wrote:

How do you like the carbon p3 frame guards? I’ve wanted to pull the trigger, but was waiting to see them on. They look great!

Super high quality, like all other p3 products. They have clear grip tap on them which offer a lot better traction than the oem guards. I definitely recommend them!

|

3/2/2019 3:32 PM

Just picked mine up yesterday here in SoCal, what a bike! I found it odd that it came with Herlings #84 vs Musquin #25...

|