FC450 No Crank, No Start

captmoto
Ran when parked, really. I washed it, ran it for 5 minutes and parked it. Today at State Fair MX it's deader than RBG.
Battery is 2 months old and has 13.6 volts.
Starter works when jumped directly to battery. Battery cuts down to 11.42 volts which is good.
10a Fuses in the relay are good.
I cleaned the battery connectors at the track. Worked them a little with a fine nail file.
I pulled the starter button off but didn't see anything obvious.
I intend to pull the tank and start tracing wires to clean and dielectric grease all connectors.
I looked at a couple youtube vids but they were pretty generic.
I don't pressure wash so I don't think I've got too much water into anything.

What have you guys with Husky/KTM got that might help?
Thanks.
|
erik_94COBRA
10/28/2020 2:37pm
Connector behind number plate? There was a thread similar a few days ago maybe.
Paw Paw
10/28/2020 3:59pm
Check your ground connections.

Paw Paw
captmoto
10/28/2020 7:04pm
Connector behind number plate? There was a thread similar a few days ago maybe.
Good call. The e-start button harness connector is corroded and green. I sprayed contact cleaner on it and was going to try a toothbrush but the corroded pin broke off broke so it was in bad shape. I'll be able to get a new one tomorrow and see how that goes.
captmoto
10/28/2020 8:43pm
Ok, I hope this helps someone else out. Here's what else I found.
The fuse in the starter relay was bad. Not blown, just not passing current. In a visual check, it looked fine. On a multi tester it was bad.
The contacts for the harness that connects to the relay was kind of nasty so I cleaned those up.
The pin in the the e-start button has been mickey moused. I could probably ride tomorrow since I know what it takes to get it started now.
It's all back together with dielectric grease now.

The Shop

YZed250
10/29/2020 2:12pm
captmoto wrote:
Ok, I hope this helps someone else out. Here's what else I found. The fuse in the starter relay was bad. Not blown, just not passing...
Ok, I hope this helps someone else out. Here's what else I found.
The fuse in the starter relay was bad. Not blown, just not passing current. In a visual check, it looked fine. On a multi tester it was bad.
The contacts for the harness that connects to the relay was kind of nasty so I cleaned those up.
The pin in the the e-start button has been mickey moused. I could probably ride tomorrow since I know what it takes to get it started now.
It's all back together with dielectric grease now.
Good to hear. I also had that problem. Fuses looked fine at a visual check but didn't test right.
My bike was fixed with a second new Husqvarna relay.

Post a reply to: FC450 No Crank, No Start

The Latest