Engine Mounts/Hangers

swatdoc
Hey guys I was gonna pop the upper engine mounts/Hangers off my ‘22 250 SXF and have them bronze Cerakoted.

I looked at the cool FCP ones, but for $400, I’m not real sure how much of a difference I’d actually feel. I’m a 62yr old vet novice, though, and as I understand it, having less rigid mounts makes the chassis more flexible and this could be a good thing for a slow guy like me. But again- $400 is a lot to spend on something I might not be good enough to tell the difference.

So I was thinking - how bad could it really be to carefully drill a 1/2” or 3/4” diameter hole in each of the mounts just to see how much, if any, difference it makes? Anybody tried this themselves? If for some reason it turns out horrible, I’m sure stock mounts are still much cheaper than $400
|
Factor E
6/15/2022 11:47pm
Have seen Oems drilled
The size hole that you mentioned is too big
Start small
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
6/16/2022 1:04pm
swatdoc wrote:
Hey guys I was gonna pop the upper engine mounts/Hangers off my ‘22 250 SXF and have them bronze Cerakoted. I looked at the cool FCP...
Hey guys I was gonna pop the upper engine mounts/Hangers off my ‘22 250 SXF and have them bronze Cerakoted.

I looked at the cool FCP ones, but for $400, I’m not real sure how much of a difference I’d actually feel. I’m a 62yr old vet novice, though, and as I understand it, having less rigid mounts makes the chassis more flexible and this could be a good thing for a slow guy like me. But again- $400 is a lot to spend on something I might not be good enough to tell the difference.

So I was thinking - how bad could it really be to carefully drill a 1/2” or 3/4” diameter hole in each of the mounts just to see how much, if any, difference it makes? Anybody tried this themselves? If for some reason it turns out horrible, I’m sure stock mounts are still much cheaper than $400
swatdoc
6/16/2022 8:40pm
Very cool. Thanks Billy. Definitely interested to see what you think of them. They certainly look awesome

Post a reply to: Engine Mounts/Hangers

The Latest