Engine Cleaning

portroyal
I have an 01 YZ that has a lot of black speckle-like build up all over the engine that I just cannot get off, used degreaser with a brush and S100 and didn’t do the trick. I was thinking Brillo pads but idk if it will destroy the case, any ideas what will work?
|
5/27/2018 3:59pm
If by brillo you mean the scotchbrite-like pads, yeah, you’ll be totally fine to use that on the cases. It should take off everything and leave a brushed finish depending on what direction you scrub.

I always use SimpleGreen or just dish soap and water with a red scotchbrite pad to clean my frame, exhaust, swingarm, and cases. It will leave a brushed look and cleans it back to new.
portroyal
5/27/2018 4:02pm
If by brillo you mean the scotchbrite-like pads, yeah, you’ll be totally fine to use that on the cases. It should take off everything and leave...
If by brillo you mean the scotchbrite-like pads, yeah, you’ll be totally fine to use that on the cases. It should take off everything and leave a brushed finish depending on what direction you scrub.

I always use SimpleGreen or just dish soap and water with a red scotchbrite pad to clean my frame, exhaust, swingarm, and cases. It will leave a brushed look and cleans it back to new.
Awesome man. I appreciate it, Brillo pads are magical.
5/27/2018 4:20pm
portroyal wrote:
Awesome man. I appreciate it, Brillo pads are magical.
No problem. They are great for getting off baked on oil and chainlube. You can use them on the inside of your rear fender as well, but it will leave it looking dull.

The Shop

kb228
5/27/2018 5:30pm
Add eagle 1 mag wheel clear to the scotch brite pads. Napa auto parts sells red scotch brite. Thats what you want to use. Brillo isnt very aggressive

Post a reply to: Engine Cleaning

The Latest