Eddie Sanders

3/8/2020 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 6:58pm
If I had to do it over again I would not have went the with a 300 cylinder, there is a lot of good tuners out...
If I had to do it over again I would not have went the with a 300 cylinder, there is a lot of good tuners out with experience on the yz 250, Tuna is right a stock bore 250 is hard to beat when ported correctly, 300's are flat on top, yes the bottom end is a little better, but a 300 kitted yz is not a 300 ktm, and it will never be a 450 or even close, just getting s stock yz dialed in, between cutting head, dialing in jetting and timing, and getting pv working correctly, they run well. I have ridden a few different yz 250s with porting from different tuners, they all had some Benefits, I have two cylinders ported for my yz, they both work good, it's like a stock yz but on steroids, I usually change piston and rings at 40 to 50 hours, stock bore piston is easy to get, they run on 100 octane, everyone has a different opinion, from my experience a stock bore 250 runs very good.
H4L wrote:
This has been my experience as well with the YZ250. Most big bores I’ve ridden do have a flat top end feel. It will be a...
This has been my experience as well with the YZ250. Most big bores I’ve ridden do have a flat top end feel. It will be a trade off unless you have the engine built with a different stroke to compensate. An 04 model owned with PC cyl. & head mods was the best set up I’ve ran to date.
It did have a better low-mid rpm range with a slight increase in the top end.
I was expecting more up top so I talked to the guy in charge of the engine dept. at the time (05). His response was it’s hard to improve upon the oem cyl. porting specs & engine design.
Have an 06 model I’m currently working with & feel it could use better low end response so I’m going to try different jetting specs. for now.

OP something to consider. The low-mid can be improved upon with mods, but you’ll have to run higher octane fuel.

Forgot to mention I spoke with Eddie a couple of times in the last 3 yrs. & left him a few messages about wanting to buy a 325 ESR kit for the 02-07 CR2. Unfortunately it never happened so I finally gave up. I think he does a lot of the work himself so he’s spread very thin.
Zerofear66 wrote:
Great info, thank you. Eddie got back to me pretty quick. I'm really looking for some nice low end grunt with a solid midrange punch. I'll...
Great info, thank you. Eddie got back to me pretty quick. I'm really looking for some nice low end grunt with a solid midrange punch. I'll give the ESR kit a go. Im planning on using a DEP pipe, BUDs racing CF can, VF reeds, 9 oz FWW. Should be at the very least fun.
If you already have a Dep, it will work. But I had an FFMF Fatty (Great Pipe) but ESR Pipe is about 50 mm longer, and maybe Slightly Larger, it Works oh 25% better than the FMF! Awesome pipe!

If guys on this Forum have some experience with Big Bored Kits that's great, but Tuna had an Eric Gorr, good improvement but but no Top End.

The ESR has a Top End Kick in the last 2K of RPM, so I'd you want to stay in 3rd and Rev the Hell out of it, the Square Cylinder rewards you!

I don't give a Dam about negative feed back, because most all of the time it is from Guys who have not ridden an ESR 325.

Keep in mind, if you don't like it Unbolt it and put the Lame 250 back on!

Just think, Ricky C. is commenting on Mike Allessi winning the Monster Energy Cup LCQ, and he knows in the back of his mind, " this is not good", 15 Year Old Technology beating Chad Reed!!!?

What does that Tell you about OEMs being Scared to Death if they ever let a 325, 350, 400 or 450 cc 2-Stroke Compete with 4-Strokes!
Yz229
3/8/2020 6:56pm
Zerofear66 wrote:
Great info, thank you. Eddie got back to me pretty quick. I'm really looking for some nice low end grunt with a solid midrange punch. I'll...
Great info, thank you. Eddie got back to me pretty quick. I'm really looking for some nice low end grunt with a solid midrange punch. I'll give the ESR kit a go. Im planning on using a DEP pipe, BUDs racing CF can, VF reeds, 9 oz FWW. Should be at the very least fun.
H4L wrote:
I believe you can run his 325 kit on good pump fuel ? Talked to SDTony ESR about a yr. ago over the phone & he...
I believe you can run his 325 kit on good pump fuel ?

Talked to SDTony ESR about a yr. ago over the phone & he had some good feed back on the kit. I know he gets a lot of crap on this forum, but he is just another moto guy like most of us on here. With the exception of the TMZ gang..
I think you meant TMR gang Smile

Tom is a little more then a moto guy, he is a legend, and was a factory mechanic with a great resume. There is a reason Tom, Varner, Mitch and some others get praise, they do great work. I've seen a lot of ESR reviews and most of it so-so. I'm sure it could be made great with a little port tweaking, plated cylinder and some stroke. For the price, I can imaging the ESR could make a good woods bike with it favoring low to mid power. I noticed the ESR kit price has dropped significantly.

I met SDTony while we were racing at Straight Rhythm. He is in San Diego as well, maybe someday we can swap bikes at Pala and do a fun little comparison!

(PS. ESR should change his home page picture to Mike Alessi racing the ESR. Dune riding pic with jeans seems out of place for moto guys)
3/8/2020 7:30pm
Zerofear66 wrote:
H4L wrote:
I believe you can run his 325 kit on good pump fuel ? Talked to SDTony ESR about a yr. ago over the phone & he...

Talked to SDTony ESR about a yr. ago over the phone & he had some good feed back on the kit. I know he gets a lot of crap on this forum, but he is just another moto guy like most of us on here. With the exception of the TMZ gang..
Yz229 wrote:
I think you meant TMR gang :) Tom is a little more then a moto guy, he is a legend, and was a factory mechanic with...

Tom is a little more then a moto guy, he is a legend, and was a factory mechanic with a great resume. There is a reason Tom, Varner, Mitch and some others get praise, they do great work. I've seen a lot of ESR reviews and most of it so-so. I'm sure it could be made great with a little port tweaking, plated cylinder and some stroke. For the price, I can imaging the ESR could make a good woods bike with it favoring low to mid power. I noticed the ESR kit price has dropped significantly.

I met SDTony while we were racing at Straight Rhythm. He is in San Diego as well, maybe someday we can swap bikes at Pala and do a fun little comparison!

(PS. ESR should change his home page picture to Mike Alessi racing the ESR. Dune riding pic with jeans seems out of place for moto guys)
Yes!

Cahullia Creek or Pala!
3/8/2020 7:50pm
Zerofear66 wrote:
H4L wrote:

Yz229 wrote:
I think you meant TMR gang :) Tom is a little more then a moto guy, he is a legend, and was a factory mechanic with...

The Shop

H4L
3/8/2020 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2020 8:28am
Yz229 wrote:

No. I meant TMZ as in people who like drama & gossip. If you go to the moto related page you will see many threads on it. Cool
I know who TMR is & got to ride a bike he did, but wasn't that impressed especially for the money it cost for the mods..
3/9/2020 6:54pm
Zerofear66 wrote:
H4L wrote:

Yz229 wrote:

Cahullia Creek has more Elevation changes which is a blast!
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/10/2020 8:05am
If you refer to a proper running 250 as "lame" then I don't think you should be dishing out advice on engine configs IMO.
Hudd_421
3/10/2020 10:22am
seth505 wrote:
If you refer to a proper running 250 as "lame" then I don't think you should be dishing out advice on engine configs IMO.
I check this thread over and over for these nuggets lol Self awareness is not a quality this guy seems to poses.

HISTORY WAS MADE WITH MIKE ALESSIIEEILSS OMGFMGMGMGMG

Post a reply to: Eddie Sanders

The Latest