Drz110 rebuild questions

Blackjack31
So I have a friend who wanted me to look at his 110 to see what was wrong with it. Long story short, the previous owner had it sitting for like 7 years and the piston was seized to the cylinder from corrosion and the head was corroded. The crank and the bottom of the piston were perfectly clean and no play. So I told him it would be cheaper to just buy a new cylinder and head and piston. The big bore kits are cheaper but they are like 143cc’s. To me it seems like you would have to match the cases with a bore that much bigger. Also, they don’t come with a head assembly. Can you mount a stock sized head up to a bored cylinder? I have no knowledge on these little pit bikes. Any information would be helpful. He just wants something to putt around on. Doesn’t have to be a perfectly running race pit bike. Just a yard toy.
|
Blackjack31
9/23/2019 8:34pm
Now looking, the head is crazy expensive. I could get a stock cylinder for $100. Is there a way to take apart and clean the head? Maybe buy new valves or something? Also, what’s the chances that the valve seats are ruined? I hate 4 strokes because of the head and valves and timing and all that. That’s why I don’t ride one.
Tracktor
9/24/2019 1:00pm
The 143 kits bolt right up to cases & stock head. I've done a few of them over the years.

Yes head can be disassembled and gone through pretty easily. These are very rudimentary four strokes and easy as heck to work on.........
Blackjack31
9/24/2019 10:10pm
Tracktor wrote:
The 143 kits bolt right up to cases & stock head. I've done a few of them over the years. Yes head can be disassembled and...
The 143 kits bolt right up to cases & stock head. I've done a few of them over the years.

Yes head can be disassembled and gone through pretty easily. These are very rudimentary four strokes and easy as heck to work on.........
I could see that. Just don’t feel like trying to mess with it right now.

Post a reply to: Drz110 rebuild questions

The Latest