Drive shaft bushing alignment 07 KX250 2T

Edited Date/Time 7/26/2018 11:48am
How is the bushing pictured below supposed to fit in relation to the case surface? It almost looks like it's not pressed far enough in (sits about .5mm to the left of the case surface). Or, will it slide where it needs to be when I pull the case halves together? This is in a 2007 KX250 two stroke.

|
Markopolo400
7/24/2018 10:16am
Check the back side of it to make sure it's fully seated and then you're good, I remember mine being somewhat prone on my 06.

Whatever you do though don't press it in too much, the seat on the back side is super thin, I ruined a set of cases by pressing too much and breaking the cases.
7/24/2018 10:34am
Check the back side of it to make sure it's fully seated and then you're good, I remember mine being somewhat prone on my 06. Whatever...
Check the back side of it to make sure it's fully seated and then you're good, I remember mine being somewhat prone on my 06.

Whatever you do though don't press it in too much, the seat on the back side is super thin, I ruined a set of cases by pressing too much and breaking the cases.
Do you think just bolting the cases back together would be enough to pull it where it needs to go? Then again I'd hate to find out that the trans wouldn't spin freely due to it not being seated fully, and have to split cases again.
Markopolo400
7/25/2018 3:06pm
Look through on the backside (clutch side) of the hole with a flashlight, you should be able to see whether or not the bushing is seated all the way.
7/26/2018 11:48am
Look through on the backside (clutch side) of the hole with a flashlight, you should be able to see whether or not the bushing is seated...
Look through on the backside (clutch side) of the hole with a flashlight, you should be able to see whether or not the bushing is seated all the way.
Looks like I am good, thanks.

Post a reply to: Drive shaft bushing alignment 07 KX250 2T

The Latest