Different stock setup according to service manual for US/CAN bikes vs. EU/JAPAN bikes

Loft80
I am wondering why there is a difference in stock suspension clicker settings for bikes sold in different parts of the world. I've always ridden Yamahas (right now a 2016 yz250f), so I don't know if this is brand specific. I live in Denmark, so I follow the the manual EU recommendations.

My question is: is there a mechanical difference in how the bikes are produced (and therefore needs different settings to act the way it's meant to) or are the different settings meant to compensate for average rider weight, skill level, typical track layouts and so on in the different areas of the world.

For my bike, the EU/JAPAN/AUS...... tend to have stiffer settings than the US/CAN bikes.
As an example the manual states the following for the front fork compression damping:
10 clicks out* (USA) (CAN)
6 clicks out* (EUR) (JPN) (AUS) (NZL) (ZAF)

I think that's a pretty large swing...

I hope someone will enlighten me as I am eager to understand as much as I can about suspension.
Thanks in advance!
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/21/2020 5:36am
I know KTM has different internal settings for the suspension. Some countries have different exhausts also.
hogkiller
4/22/2020 11:00am
NO Brainer Canadian riders are way faster than Europeans and Amricans... google it SmileSmileSmile
Tuna
4/22/2020 12:14pm
hogkiller wrote:
NO Brainer Canadian riders are way faster than Europeans and Amricans... google it SmileSmileSmile
CDN bikes usually run Euro gearing vs the US. I know they used to on the YZ250. Suspension settings are different due to the different style of tracks in the US.

Post a reply to: Different stock setup according to service manual for US/CAN bikes vs. EU/JAPAN bikes

The Latest