Related:
Create New Tag
z71will z71will
10/10/2017 12:37 PM

Was trying to get the bearing and seal out of it where the water pump is and aparantly this rubber seal looks like it's permanently in the case. I thought it was the seal but I ended up removing the bearing and then the seal came out with it and this thing didn't come out. Why would they make a permanent seal??? I looked on bike bandit and I didn't see this in the parts assembly and on top of that I don't see any way to get it out or re install it as it looks like its apart of the cover.Photo

Photo

Photo

Acidreamer Acidreamer
10/10/2017 1:09 PM

Almost looks like something is pressed into a hole. A steel sleeve of sorts. What bike are you working on?

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

z71will z71will
10/10/2017 1:13 PM
Acidreamer wrote:

Almost looks like ...more

Yeah it seems as though the seal is sandwiched into the case between metal. That makes no sense!!! Why would they make a seal that's permanent??? And it's a 1984 cr80. Looks like my engine isn't going to get coated today, or even this week.... and I'm out $30 cause now I gotta buy another cover....

Paw Paw Paw Paw
10/10/2017 1:26 PM

You do understand that there are 2 different seals in the water pump, right?
One is called an oil seal and the other is called a water seal.
If only one seal came out then this is second seal and it is not made into the case.
They have a habit of looking built in after many years of being in place. It should press out.

Paw Paw

z71will z71will
10/10/2017 1:43 PM
Paw Paw wrote:

You do understand that ...more

Which way would I press it out? Also can you look at the parts assembly diagram on bikebandit and tell me which part number it is? I hope you're right that would save me a lot of time and money.

z71will z71will
10/10/2017 1:46 PM

Is it part number 22 on the parts assembly? I thought that was a bearing but it says oil seal and so does part number 20. And the bearing is part 19. I believe you're right!!! Now I gotta figure out which way it comes out.

z71will z71will
10/10/2017 1:55 PM

Nevermind I popped it out!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry