Desperate for some help.

MigGames
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 9:37am
I've not had a lot of luck on this forum yet but I'm really in need of some help now as im pulling my hair out.
I've been slowly restoring a 2008 CRF 450 over a few months but I haven't ridden the bike yet so decided to service it today and go for a quick session on Saturday just to see how it is and disaster has struck.
I removed the transmission drain bolt to drain the oil and when I tried to put it back in it wouldn't go and seem like it wants to pull up and from what I can see with a torch it looks like there's something in the way but the bolt came out!!
Also removed chain and tried to change gears to see if that helps but all it confirmed is in 3rd or doesn't engage just spin like it's in neutral and when it does it stays there and won't come out if gear.
I'm pretty frustrated here after spending literally 100's of hours and pounds on this old girl and now this!
|
Paw Paw
7/5/2017 10:15am
Ok you will need to pull the clutch big side cover after draining the trans oil and the coolant. The shift mech behind the clutch has come apart and a piece may have fallen in the way of the drain bolt.

Paw Paw
MigGames
7/5/2017 11:08am
Ok will I be able to see what happened one the big covers put the way?
Paw Paw
7/5/2017 4:57pm
Now pull the clutch baskets and look at the shift mechanicals.

Paw Paw

The Shop

MigGames
7/6/2017 7:45am
Right all the clutch hub is off but it all looks ok to me what am I looking for?

Paw Paw
7/6/2017 8:22am
That all looks good. The hole where the drain threads into is just behind the long arm with the holes in it. I can see it, but don't see anything in its way. Have you tried to reinstall the drain bolt ?
I was expecting for a piece of the shifting linkage to be blocking the hole, but none seen in the photos.
If the bolt still will not go into position, then you are looking at splitting the cases to find the issue.

Paw Paw
MigGames
7/6/2017 9:37am
Yeah I retried the bolt but it still won't go in and when you engage third gear the input shaft doesn't turn when you turn the sprocket and vice versa but it does in all the other gears so am I right in thinking that 4rd gear is probably demolished?

Post a reply to: Desperate for some help.

The Latest