Del West or Xceldyne valves?

kb22
So i have been slowly redoing all the things that this bike needs, 2015 yz250f, and have cleaned the head and valves up best I could but I’m still getting solvent leaks from the intake. The intake valves are kibble white titaniums with stock Yamaha exhaust valves. The stock valves are incredibly caked in carbon build up And I’m assuming original to the bike. The seats look to be the culprit so I figured a full rebuild will be needed to be safe. So finally getting to the question at hand, I found a dealer selling the delwest valves for 95 a piece but also found the Xceldyne for sale for 74. I spoke to Xceldyne a while back and it looks like they won’t be making mx valves anymore but from what I’ve read they are great valves. does any one have any experience between the 2? I appreciate any help or input in advance!

Keith
|
Cademx14
3/3/2021 7:59am
I can only speak to Del West no dish titanium valves in a Honda Crf250r and Crf450r applications. Their valves have superior flow numbers on the bench and I have never in over 5 years had a failure. I have developed and built dozens of Honda race heads. The late Ron Hamp turned me onto the Del West and Ferrea valves accompanied with Ferrea springs and components. Both are superior products!!
kb22
3/3/2021 9:16am
That’s great to hear, thank you for sharing your experience. It already has the flat faced valves in it now so I figured I would run the delwest valves and swap the exhaust over to flat also. A simple piston turned into a lot more so I’m hoping after this the head will be a bit more stout.

Post a reply to: Del West or Xceldyne valves?

The Latest