Dehumidifier in garage?

sandtrack315
5/9/2020 11:56am
Anyone use one where they store their bike?
|
aees
5/9/2020 1:49pm
It is a must. Compressor air to remove water + dehumidifier = linkage, steering, wheel bearings get twice the life time at least.
sandtrack315
5/9/2020 3:18pm
aees wrote:
It is a must. Compressor air to remove water + dehumidifier = linkage, steering, wheel bearings get twice the life time at least.
That makes sense. Probably worth the investment plus monthly energy bill in the long term. Do you run a hose to make it continuous, or just always empty it?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
5/9/2020 3:49pm
aees wrote:
That makes sense. Probably worth the investment plus monthly energy bill in the long term. Do you run a hose to make it continuous, or just...
That makes sense. Probably worth the investment plus monthly energy bill in the long term. Do you run a hose to make it continuous, or just always empty it?
my dad always did this for his cars in the garage were i grew up in NY hose out uunder the garage door.
5/10/2020 12:54am
Best thing I ever bought for the basement where I store my bikes and tools.

The Shop

aees
5/10/2020 5:24am
aees wrote:
That makes sense. Probably worth the investment plus monthly energy bill in the long term. Do you run a hose to make it continuous, or just...
I empty it, ones every week but I guess that depends on of you are at CA or FL 😄
DynoDan22
5/10/2020 10:08am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2020 10:08am
I think it's a great idea to have a dehumidifier in the garage/workshop. Excess humidity makes drying you bike a lot longer and the moisture hides in pockets of you bike and isn't a good thing. Here in Kalifornistan, it's pretty arid and stuff dries out quick but if I was back east, I'd have a dehumidifier for sure.

After I wash my bike, I take a leaf blower and spend a few minutes blowing the excess water off and I follow it up with compressed air. It makes a big difference in how long the bearings last and stops corrosion on the fastener heads. Sure, a little overboard but it doesn't take too long and your bike stays cherry.
sandtrack315
5/10/2020 11:02am
Alright, got one going now! Also working on upgrading the insulation. Not sure how I can run a hose, but it’s not too annoying to empty it once every few days. Also going to invest in a leaf blower. I’ve always wanted one to dry my truck without towels.

Post a reply to: Dehumidifier in garage?

The Latest