De-coking 2 stroke pipe

1/5/2018 5:47am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2018 8:32pm
I had decent results with Eazy Off oven cleaner in the past. The foaming action was the draw back in being able to coat the whole interior of the chamber. Shake the pipe all I wanted but just wasn't sure I was able to get the whole interior of the pipe. That got me to thinking. Hmmm - Would Liquid Draino or Liquid Plumber be able to handle the job ?

Thoughts ?
I have gotten some great responses from you all in regards to my other resto questions and many thanks for those.
Been fooling -riding -wrenching for 44 yrs and I know its never too late to learn other NEW hacks to get the job done.

"work smart, not hard"
|
Acidreamer
1/5/2018 5:51am
I saw a video of a guy putting a large round wire brush on a long cable into a drill and using it to clean the inside. Im not sure what cleaner he used but it seems like thats the best way to get it clean.
Joko
Fantasy
239th
1/5/2018 6:56am
Diet Coke

The Shop

1/5/2018 4:00pm
Thanks Acid D, Looks like the box says Flue brush as in Chimney flue.
Lowes/Home Depot, here I come
FahQ
1/5/2018 6:20pm
Throw some nuts, bolts, screws in there with the oven cleaner.
That's what I do. I just use a solvent though, gas mineral spirits whatever is handy.
Braaaphole
1/5/2018 6:56pm
I take a heat gun and place the end of it on the head end of the pipe and wrap it with foil. Turn it on and sit back and watch. It will burn off the oil, I literally had flames coming out of the end. Burn off as much as you can then go with oven cleaner.
Bruce372
1/5/2018 7:10pm
It's a nightmare job, and chemicals, solvents or burning is dangerous. I've never had much luck doing it.

I recently bought a flue brush off eBay, it gets rid of a lot of build up at the front part where it's worse.

My doma pipe just shipped from Pacific crest, gonna be interesting to see if those guys have a process for the insides
KDXGarage
1/5/2018 8:32pm
Lowe's multi stranded wire chucked into a drill.

DO NOT let it come out of the pipe while spinning!!

DO NOT do this indoors or even CLOSE to indoors.

For the stinger part, you can get a round wire brush from Harbor Freight or maybe a gun store for cleaning a shotgun barrel.

Post a reply to: De-coking 2 stroke pipe

The Latest