DID dirt star front hoop

racerx217
Ft hoop for a yz450f, just laced up and noticed there is not a hole for the bead lock that is 180 from the valve stem lock. There is a hole for the valve stem, then about 4 inches down there is a second hole. Is that normal to have a bead lock that close to the valve stem?
|
cwtoyota
2/24/2019 5:02pm
racerx217 wrote:
Ft hoop for a yz450f, just laced up and noticed there is not a hole for the bead lock that is 180 from the valve stem...
Ft hoop for a yz450f, just laced up and noticed there is not a hole for the bead lock that is 180 from the valve stem lock. There is a hole for the valve stem, then about 4 inches down there is a second hole. Is that normal to have a bead lock that close to the valve stem?
All of my OEM Yami front wheels are spaced almost 180° apart while the rear wheels have both the stem and lock on the same half of the wheel (only a few spokes apart).

I seem to remember Kawi being the same way.

I doubt it's a mistake, but I'm not sure why they do that, it seems like 180° would balance out better.
Perhaps on the rears they are worried about tire/tube movement ripping the stem off of the tube?

You don't typically notice unbalanced wheels on these MX bikes, we're not going very fast.
racerx217
2/25/2019 5:42pm
racerx217 wrote:
Ft hoop for a yz450f, just laced up and noticed there is not a hole for the bead lock that is 180 from the valve stem...
cwtoyota wrote:
All of my OEM Yami front wheels are spaced almost 180° apart while the rear wheels have both the stem and lock on the same half...
All of my OEM Yami front wheels are spaced almost 180° apart while the rear wheels have both the stem and lock on the same half of the wheel (only a few spokes apart).

I seem to remember Kawi being the same way.

I doubt it's a mistake, but I'm not sure why they do that, it seems like 180° would balance out better.
Perhaps on the rears they are worried about tire/tube movement ripping the stem off of the tube?

You don't typically notice unbalanced wheels on these MX bikes, we're not going very fast.
Well the same model hoop in a rear has 3 holes, One for valve stem, one just off of valve stem and one that is close to 180 from it. Just seems odd prob does not make a difference though. I have plugs i might just drill a hole i guess.
FiendzCC
2/26/2019 3:09pm
It's fine, just run it. Makes zero difference unless you're trying to balance the wheel for high speed asphalt drag races (which is what cwtoyota was getting at). The 3rd hole on the rear is to give you the option of using a second rim lock, which I wouldn't see any need for on a 125. You can get some of those rubber plugs to fill the unused hole if it bugs you, or just use a piece of tape to block out the dirt/mud.

Post a reply to: DID dirt star front hoop

The Latest