D.I.D ERT2 vs ERT3 Chain

Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
What are the differences between these two? I always thought the ERT2 was the gold standard, no pun intended..

The ERT3 seems to be an x-ring, just like the 2, but it’s almost double the price.
|
5/9/2018 10:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2018 10:16pm
Both are non-ringed chains which are great for motocross. The ERT3 has a slighly higher tensile strength and a 3% larger pin diameter.

You can find ERT3 520x120 chains on ebay for a really good price. Just get a cheap chain breaker and you're golden. https://www.ebay.com/itm/D-I-D-520-ERT3-Motorcycle-MX-Race-Chain-520-12…

I ran the ERT2 on my last set of sprockets. It was a great chain with super low drag, but it did stretch a bunch. Just put the ERT3 on my bike now but haven't ridden with it yet.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/27/2018 6:40pm
I used the ERT2 and now the ERT3 and am convinced that they are not the Great chain they use to be. I’ve switched to the RK and other than the 1st ride stretch, it’s been awesome and hasn’t needed to be adjusted since the first one.
The DID ERT2&3 chains seemed to always need to be adjusted and the GOLD color looked worn out after a few rides. The RK has 20 hours on it and is still looking good. I’m done with the DID chains, there is better chains avaikable
bvm111
5/29/2018 3:58pm
langhammx wrote:
I used the ERT2 and now the ERT3 and am convinced that they are not the Great chain they use to be. I’ve switched to the...
I used the ERT2 and now the ERT3 and am convinced that they are not the Great chain they use to be. I’ve switched to the RK and other than the 1st ride stretch, it’s been awesome and hasn’t needed to be adjusted since the first one.
The DID ERT2&3 chains seemed to always need to be adjusted and the GOLD color looked worn out after a few rides. The RK has 20 hours on it and is still looking good. I’m done with the DID chains, there is better chains avaikable
Are you using the RK 520MXZ4 works chain?

I have always used the DID ERT2 for years and noticed lately that it seems to be stretching more than usual and thought I was just getting old... I might pick one these up and try it for my 450.

Micahdogg
5/26/2020 9:44am
Bringing this back from the dead. I have also been using ERT2 chains and recently ERT3. I agree with langhammx....this thing stretches way too much and the gold looks like poo in no time. Im done, but not sure what to switch to. I love the low drag of the ERT but I need something more durable.

The Shop

5/26/2020 11:23am
Micahdogg wrote:
Bringing this back from the dead. I have also been using ERT2 chains and recently ERT3. I agree with langhammx....this thing stretches way too much and...
Bringing this back from the dead. I have also been using ERT2 chains and recently ERT3. I agree with langhammx....this thing stretches way too much and the gold looks like poo in no time. Im done, but not sure what to switch to. I love the low drag of the ERT but I need something more durable.
I cheaped out and picked up the primary drive gold chain and so far it’s on par with the ERT2s I used to run. I plan on changing it at 30ish hours. Read not so good reviews on the 3 so I didn’t want to try it
Moto520
5/26/2020 12:29pm
I trust the DID ERT3 to not break. That's the thing that scares the shit out of me.....a broken chain. I've never broken the ERT's.
DynoDan22
5/26/2020 2:46pm
I run the DID ERT3 and I've run the ERT chain (O.G. and 2) since the early 2000's. I can't say that I've noticed that the 3 stretches or wears more than the 2, but I also have never broken one. I usually get 30-35hrs on a chain and I wouldn't trust any chain beyond that. I replace for piece of mind.
5/28/2020 9:17am
langhammx wrote:
I used the ERT2 and now the ERT3 and am convinced that they are not the Great chain they use to be. I’ve switched to the...
bvm111 wrote:
Are you using the RK 520MXZ4 works chain? I have always used the DID ERT2 for years and noticed lately that it seems to be stretching...
Are you using the RK 520MXZ4 works chain?

I have always used the DID ERT2 for years and noticed lately that it seems to be stretching more than usual and thought I was just getting old... I might pick one these up and try it for my 450.

Is there a consensus on the RK MXZ4? Better than ERT2 & ERT3?
mx317
5/30/2020 11:57am
I found the ERT2 chains to not be as good as the original ERT. The ERT3 may be good, but I use Regina chain now.
red_leader
5/30/2020 4:16pm
I tried the RK chain and it's held up great.
Plus it was lighter than stock Smile lol

Post a reply to: D.I.D ERT2 vs ERT3 Chain

The Latest