Cylinderworks SUCKS? OR magnum SUCKS? BAD HEAD

Sethrich89
11/13/2020 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 11/22/2020 2:06pm
Some say any head is better than no head... well when your expecting good head and get lame head it sucks, and not in a good way!!!

I bought a new head from a member that was bought from Magnum and the seat is not seated and there is a crack in between as shown in pics. Also looks like a used head that was just redone.
I'm no expert but the scratches and marks dont look like just from a machine shop.

Can I take this to my machine shop for fixing? Or is this trash.
I will ask him on monday when he gets back in. Or should I just go ahead and order a new head? Or just send my old one in for new seats... my guy doesn't specifically do seat replacement.

Why would they send this out? I know they had to see it! Seriously fuck them. Me and my son were planning a trip on Wednesday and I was planning on my 250r running.
I'm thinking of suing if this is indeed a used head they are trying to pass off. I've heard from another user they sent his dealer a "bad head" when he ordered a CW head. That shit isn't right.

|
silver753
11/22/2020 9:34am
No need to sue anyone just yet, just go old school and pick up the phone and call them first and let them know the issue and send them some pics. Let us know how it goes.....
Rider 5280
11/22/2020 10:35am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2020 10:12am
Assume it's an honest mistake and call them, giving them a chance to make things right. Everyone deserves a chance to make things right and seldom do people intentionally screw others.

It's what you'd want when you unknowingly screw up. We're all human.

If they aren't receptive to fixing it, ask them sincerely what they would do if they were you? What type of service and quality should you expect from them?

Easier said than done, I know, but the calmer and more objective you can be, the better.

Good luck!

P.S. once Yoshimura really messed up one of my engines - left Isotropic Super Finish (ISF) abrasive media in the subassemblies treated. Starved engine of oil, introduced abrasives to new parts, blah blah blah. I was pisssssssed. Created a huge legalistic write-up, etc. Finally called them, they said "Whoa! That's OUR bad - we'll rebuild your engine, so so sorry!" Then they sent me a $900 check. I got pretty worked up before giving them a chance and they were very apologetic and backed their work/issue. I would do it differently today. Give them grace. Then see where it goes.

P.P.S. I am a Yoshimura customer for life. How companies (and we) work through problems is telling and can make all the difference.

Post a reply to: Cylinderworks SUCKS? OR magnum SUCKS? BAD HEAD

The Latest