Crf250r no spark issue

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2019 7:37 PM

Give you the full rundown of the situation just in case someone has any advice or help they can give I'm at a wits end.

2012 crf250r busted up my kill switch on my bike. Had a two wire chiness one laying around so I decided to splice into the original 4 wires. Yes completley terrible idea but im diy kinda guy. Well it did end up working as a killswitch litteraly. Think I shorted something out bad. I'm getting good volts at spark plug when reading the coil. Bench tested my condenser. Coil and rectifier but that really doesn't mean sh*t. Is there any fuses in the harness or did I fry my ecm? That's atleast my guess. Yes I have bought new kill switch.... don't want to waste money on expensive parts until confirmed anyone have a clue ?

*So getting voltage at coil end but no spark... spark plug brand new* kill switch unplugged for now to not interfere. Do I need fuel pump hooked up to complete circuit or something ? Didn't fire either with it on though.

|

2/20/2019 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2020 4:13 PM

The bike will not fire with the pump disconnected... also you’re seeing the full 12 v at the coil and pump? I don’t have a schematic for that bike but I don’t think a short would hurt the condenser (unless you back fed power) it would just simply discharge it... Id check to see if there’s continuity between the power leg and ground on the coil..

|

11/29/2020 4:00 PM

I have the same exact problem
Could u reach out to me and lmk how u fixed it
Thanks

|