Crf 450 18 starting???

Ok so I've had the bike from new and only 2 hrs old,the bike starts well via electric start and can also start in gear,but if I stall it the thing does not want to start until I put the choke on!
Anyone else find this or similar problems?
I was hoping if I fell off/drop it I could just pull the clutch push the magic button and away I go!

Cheers Ben
|
kb228
12/5/2018 12:03pm
Sounds like your fuel mixture is rich. Check your tps voltage. Your choke is actually a high idle, it opens a passage for air when you pull it.

You should be able to acheive the same thing by opening the throttle ever so slightly while starting it.
pete24
12/5/2018 12:03pm
it happened on mine at a two day race in maine this past august, come to find out one of my buddies that left after the first day filled it with race gas I went back to pump swill and it was fine, same thing tho even hot id have to pull the choke if I stalled, or even when I shut it off waiting to get called to my gate
12/5/2018 12:27pm
So what do you guys reckon to turning the idle up a touch? This may might help also with the stalling on tighter corners as I don't like riding the clutch if I don't have to it's a 450 after all!
I could check tops but that means taking it to a shop etcthe things brand new !

Cheers for the help guys
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/5/2018 12:35pm
So what do you guys reckon to turning the idle up a touch? This may might help also with the stalling on tighter corners as I...
So what do you guys reckon to turning the idle up a touch? This may might help also with the stalling on tighter corners as I don't like riding the clutch if I don't have to it's a 450 after all!

Cheers for the help guys
You can always try turning it up. Costs free99 to do that.

The Shop

kb228
12/5/2018 12:44pm
So what do you guys reckon to turning the idle up a touch? This may might help also with the stalling on tighter corners as I...

Cheers for the help guys
My arguement to that is its brand new! It should start when hot! Lol
12/5/2018 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2018 12:54pm
It starts fine when hot and also in gear but not if the bikes been stalled!
Wolfey
12/5/2018 6:11pm
Mine did that and I fixed it by turning up the idle a little bit. Now the only thing weird mine does is if I give it any gas at all after it’s first started , it dies. It has to idle at least 10 seconds or so before I can blip the throttle without it dying. This happens if the bike has sat for 20 mins or so between rides.
kb228
12/6/2018 1:25am
Wolfey wrote:
Mine did that and I fixed it by turning up the idle a little bit. Now the only thing weird mine does is if I give...
Mine did that and I fixed it by turning up the idle a little bit. Now the only thing weird mine does is if I give it any gas at all after it’s first started , it dies. It has to idle at least 10 seconds or so before I can blip the throttle without it dying. This happens if the bike has sat for 20 mins or so between rides.
Its got to warm up man lol.
Wolfey
12/6/2018 12:22pm
Wolfey wrote:
Mine did that and I fixed it by turning up the idle a little bit. Now the only thing weird mine does is if I give...
kb228 wrote:
Its got to warm up man lol.
This is even after it’s warmed up. If the bike sits for more 15-20 mins it does this. I’ve had plenty of 4strokes and never had one do this. Once it idles for 10 seconds or so it’s perfect.
milo101 -
1/1/2024 9:04am

Cheers for the help guys

Hi there I've got the same problem i have no clue how to fix it also a 2018 crf 450 I've check piston valves timing i took apart the pump today I've have an fuel filter on the way could you please let me know if you have fixed this issue it would mean alot I've been searching and i cant find anything but my bike when warm it will sometimes start with out throttle but only on the first 2 cranks if it doesn’t start after that it wont unless you give it throttle im going to check the tps soon hope it works 

Factor E
1/1/2024 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2024 5:55pm

Didn't the OEM map in ecu get an update from Dealers for a couple of yrs?

Post a reply to: Crf 450 18 starting???

The Latest