Crf 450 18 starting???

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2018 11:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 11:54 AM

Ok so I've had the bike from new and only 2 hrs old,the bike starts well via electric start and can also start in gear,but if I stall it the thing does not want to start until I put the choke on!
Anyone else find this or similar problems?
I was hoping if I fell off/drop it I could just pull the clutch push the magic button and away I go!

Cheers Ben

|

12/5/2018 12:03 PM

Sounds like your fuel mixture is rich. Check your tps voltage. Your choke is actually a high idle, it opens a passage for air when you pull it.

You should be able to acheive the same thing by opening the throttle ever so slightly while starting it.

|

12/5/2018 12:03 PM

it happened on mine at a two day race in maine this past august, come to find out one of my buddies that left after the first day filled it with race gas I went back to pump swill and it was fine, same thing tho even hot id have to pull the choke if I stalled, or even when I shut it off waiting to get called to my gate

|

12/5/2018 12:27 PM

So what do you guys reckon to turning the idle up a touch? This may might help also with the stalling on tighter corners as I don't like riding the clutch if I don't have to it's a 450 after all!
I could check tops but that means taking it to a shop etcthe things brand new !

Cheers for the help guys

|

12/5/2018 12:35 PM

bikemanspen wrote:

So what do you guys reckon to turning the idle up a touch? This may might help also with the stalling on tighter corners as I don't like riding the clutch if I don't have to it's a 450 after all!

Cheers for the help guys

You can always try turning it up. Costs free99 to do that.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/5/2018 12:44 PM

bikemanspen wrote:

Cheers for the help guys

My arguement to that is its brand new! It should start when hot! Lol

|

12/5/2018 12:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 12:54 PM

It starts fine when hot and also in gear but not if the bikes been stalled!

|

12/5/2018 6:11 PM

Mine did that and I fixed it by turning up the idle a little bit. Now the only thing weird mine does is if I give it any gas at all after it’s first started , it dies. It has to idle at least 10 seconds or so before I can blip the throttle without it dying. This happens if the bike has sat for 20 mins or so between rides.

|

12/5/2018 6:35 PM

You haven't read your manual, I see.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

12/5/2018 6:49 PM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

You haven't read your manual, I see.

Can you be more specific?

|

No brains, No headaches.

12/6/2018 1:25 AM

Wolfey wrote:

Mine did that and I fixed it by turning up the idle a little bit. Now the only thing weird mine does is if I give it any gas at all after it’s first started , it dies. It has to idle at least 10 seconds or so before I can blip the throttle without it dying. This happens if the bike has sat for 20 mins or so between rides.

Its got to warm up man lol.

|

12/6/2018 8:50 AM

Keith72 wrote:

Can you be more specific?

Page 18

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

12/6/2018 12:22 PM

Wolfey wrote:

kb228 wrote:

Its got to warm up man lol.

This is even after it’s warmed up. If the bike sits for more 15-20 mins it does this. I’ve had plenty of 4strokes and never had one do this. Once it idles for 10 seconds or so it’s perfect.

|