Crf 150 RB shutting off

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2018 12:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2018 12:08 PM

Bought brand new CRF 150 big wheel for my son last week and this bike is bogging out! Please help with any additional adjustments or maybe I’m doing something wrong?

|

11/4/2018 1:45 PM

Accelerator pump set right? If its not squirting fuel right it will bog out mid throttle

|

11/4/2018 4:27 PM

The fuel screw also needs to be adjusted.

Paw Paw

|

11/4/2018 5:05 PM

Thanks guys! Where is fuel screw located?

|

11/4/2018 6:33 PM

It is located in a recessed hole under the front of the float bowl. CCW makes it richer and CW makes it leaner. Only go about 1/4 turn at a time and test it. This is an adjustment that is needed almost every ride if the weather changes.
They make aftermarket replacements for the assemble that can be adjusted by hand as it will be lower than the float bowl. You must take care when replace it as there is a spring, washer and an o-ring that goes on that screw.

Paw Paw

|

11/5/2018 4:51 AM

Paw Paw 271 wrote:

It is located in a recessed hole under the front of the float bowl. CCW makes it richer and CW makes it leaner. Only go about 1/4 turn at a time and test it. This is an adjustment that is needed almost every ride if the weather changes.
They make aftermarket replacements for the assemble that can be adjusted by hand as it will be lower than the float bowl. You must take care when replace it as there is a spring, washer and an o-ring that goes on that screw.

Paw Paw

I highly suggest getting that hand adjuster for it. Not sure on the crf, but on my kx250f you cant even fit a stubby screwdriver in it to adjust it.

|

11/6/2018 3:50 AM

Not sure if Honda has ever changed the factory specs, I haven't had one in the shop in a while. The jetting used to be pretty far off. You need a 42-45 pilot and a 40-50 leak jet to get you started. It will be a different bike after you change those two jets.

|