Cr250 airbox letting dust thru

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2017 9:11 PM

I finally did the MX Bonz kit about 2 months ago, but I'm still finding dust/sand in the intake boot. Not a lot, but enough. New air filter. Any other suggestions? No Toil filter oil, usually grease the rim.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

9/28/2017 9:47 PM

Usually greasing the rim meaning not at times? You could even do a start fluid test while the bike is running on the stand, if it is sucking air anywhere other then the filter then it's a problem. If no problem like that then its coming around the filter.

If it was me, I would go buy a twin air filter and grease the rim everytime you clean and oil filter. It could even come down to you not using enough oil on the filter.

|

9/28/2017 9:53 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Usually greasing the rim meaning not at times? You could even do a start fluid test while the bike is running on the stand, if it is sucking air anywhere other then the filter then it's a problem. If no problem like that then its coming around the filter.

If it was me, I would go buy a twin air filter and grease the rim everytime you clean and oil filter. It could even come down to you not using enough oil on the filter.

I have a twin air and I usually always grease the rim :/

|

9/28/2017 10:06 PM

Is the bonz kit a soft mating surface or does it make the filter mate up to hard metal? I have never used one on my CR, did you buy this because you were getting crud past the filter?

|

9/29/2017 3:56 AM

Are the gaskets between the airbox and boot damaged? Also make sure your air filter screw is bottomed out when you install the filter. I dont use grease around the rim on my 450 and ive never had issues of dust getting into the boot. I use twin air and k&n air filter oil tho. Another place to look is around that hole where the bolt goes through the filter. Thats always the most common place i rip my filters lmao.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

9/29/2017 6:45 AM

The Bonz metal ring is really good but I suspect Acidreamer is corect about the gasket being the problem.

|

9/29/2017 8:29 AM

Okay, I will replace gaskets. Bummer. I'm gonna do a bottom end this winter anyway

|