Cr 125 help

Ok, so I rebuilt the top end on my 96 cr and bike ran pretty good for 1 or so hours. Decided to replace the air filter and mix some 50/50 vp110 and pump gas 32/1 ratio to see if it would run better. Fired up fine and took it for a spin. Started cutting out on top end when I got about half throttle or higher and eventually died on me and wont re fire now. still need to pull the plug this weekend but what do you guys think happened? Thanks for any help vital.
|
RyanLester761
1/31/2020 12:25pm
Race gas will definitely change the fuel mixture and require a minor jetting change. I think it makes it run richer (and maybe that's why you fouled the plug). Someone can correct me perhaps. I would go back to pump gas and see how it runs.
Tracktor
1/31/2020 2:17pm
No point at all running 110 Octane fuel on a stock compression motor unless you are trying to slow it down. Run a quality non-ethanol premium & new plug and start from there.........Best mod for that engine is a 38mm Keihin carb with a STIC insert. I am running that setup in mine and it is one of the best running 125's we have had. Power is close to our TC125's.........
1/31/2020 3:35pm
Tracktor wrote:
No point at all running 110 Octane fuel on a stock compression motor unless you are trying to slow it down. Run a quality non-ethanol premium...
No point at all running 110 Octane fuel on a stock compression motor unless you are trying to slow it down. Run a quality non-ethanol premium & new plug and start from there.........Best mod for that engine is a 38mm Keihin carb with a STIC insert. I am running that setup in mine and it is one of the best running 125's we have had. Power is close to our TC125's.........
I figured this but got it from a buddy at work so figured I’d try it out for maybe better throttle response. Now regret it seeing bike cut out and won’t start now.

Post a reply to: Cr 125 help

The Latest