Could a loose exhaust cause slapping noise? YZ250

Alec138
So ever since I bought the bike used (runs great) I have noticed a low rpm type of slapping noise while riding through the parking lots of where i ride and when going slow on some trails. Well come to find out I was missing an exhaust spring along with the O-Rings being clapped AND... the chamber being “pushed” back against the frame (not kinked or smashed) causing a gap at the cylinder where the pipe (FMF gnarly) slides over the exhaust port. At 1st I thought it was “chain slap” but my chain is 3 finger height and in good condition and I keep it lubed.

I plan on buying a new gnarly pipe next week. But let me know what you guys think!
|
kb228
2/26/2018 4:32pm
A loose anything can cause a slapping noise. I guess listen again after the new pipe. You know what youre doing.
Alec138
2/26/2018 4:50pm
kb228 wrote:
A loose anything can cause a slapping noise. I guess listen again after the new pipe. You know what youre doing.
Well yeah but im paranoid about any noise on my bikes. This one is hard to pin point because there is so many things vibrating and pinging at once. And i am a cerified redneck mechanic lmfao
Paw Paw 271
2/26/2018 5:50pm
kb228 wrote:
X2 plus a poorly fitting pipe will cause all kinds of noise.

Paw Paw
Alec138
2/26/2018 6:23pm
kb228 wrote:
X2 plus a poorly fitting pipe will cause all kinds of noise.

Paw Paw
Well it was tight just bent out of shape. Do you think if i go with the same pipe as i had on it will i have to rejet? Since it was basically a leak? Also could a loose exhaust cause power issues too? I ride woods and climb hills in 1st and 2nd and after going slower for a bit and getting on it up a hill it sometimes studders than it rips. Just wondering could that be a jetting issue?

Post a reply to: Could a loose exhaust cause slapping noise? YZ250

The Latest