Cornerning Question, dip and the end of a fast berm

fourfourone
I have an issue at the local track I ride at. At the end there is a large berm corner where I can carry some good speed through. sitting down leg up third gear. Right after the berm ends there is a large dip(almost like a pot hole). When I power through it sitting down the rear falls in and comes right back out. Problem is, when the I hit the dip the rear up the bike comes up pretty harsh and its killing my back. It almost feels like I'm compressing my back when I ride through it, if that makes sense. It feels super harsh. There's really no way to avoid the dip. I have a messed up back and just seems to make it worse.
|
sandman768
9/4/2018 6:23am
Have you tried standing up through the turn?
fourfourone
9/4/2018 6:28am
sandman768 wrote:
Have you tried standing up through the turn?
I did a few times, I just cant seem to ride it as fast.
kb228
9/4/2018 6:37am
Theres a track thats like that around me too. I know the feeling. What i did was stand up immediately out of the corner and lift up the front wheel over the hole. Otherwise go around it. Powering through never worked for me. Just wheelie it.
FahQ
9/4/2018 6:56am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 6:56am
Can you try to pre jump it, look for anything to get you over it.
BTW, what are the fast guys doing?

The Shop

fourfourone
9/4/2018 7:09am
seems like the fast guys just blow right through it and it looks pretty violent.
kage173
9/4/2018 2:01pm
I've got one like that at a track I like. And it's such a bummer because the turn is so beautiful and feels so good.

If it's a race or early in the day or some dude is behind me, then I hit it. Any other time, I layoff the gas, cut inside of it. My back has enough problems.
bvm111
9/4/2018 2:05pm
just stand up a little early and carry the front end over it and the rear should soak it up!

That's what I would try
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
9/4/2018 7:01pm
what would tomac do? haaa I think that is common at mx tracks. I drilled one 2 laps last week. started standing and putting the front wheel over. my kidneys thought it was a good move. even if its a tick slower its worth it at my age and speed.
opyguy
9/5/2018 6:10am
I have an issue at the local track I ride at. At the end there is a large berm corner where I can carry some good...
I have an issue at the local track I ride at. At the end there is a large berm corner where I can carry some good speed through. sitting down leg up third gear. Right after the berm ends there is a large dip(almost like a pot hole). When I power through it sitting down the rear falls in and comes right back out. Problem is, when the I hit the dip the rear up the bike comes up pretty harsh and its killing my back. It almost feels like I'm compressing my back when I ride through it, if that makes sense. It feels super harsh. There's really no way to avoid the dip. I have a messed up back and just seems to make it worse.
just curious, what track?
fourfourone
9/5/2018 6:45am
I have an issue at the local track I ride at. At the end there is a large berm corner where I can carry some good...
opyguy wrote:
just curious, what track?
mx23 Brookfield mass

Post a reply to: Cornerning Question, dip and the end of a fast berm

The Latest