Coolant in my engine 2016 crf250r

Robdog345
Edited Date/Time 9/20/2019 8:07pm
Hey been noticing that my engine oil is turning slightly green and my coolant levels have dropped and green stuff is leaking out of my left shock been doing some research and asking around pretty sure it’s the head gasket. If anyone else thinks it’s something else please help me out here if it is that I was planning on replacing it this weekend I’ve heard it’s pretty simple I don’t know much about bikes but I’m pretty handy with a set of tools. Should I not risk it and leave it to the professionals or do it my self my bike only has about 50-60 hours on it any help would be much appreciated as well as if I should do it my self where can I find a step by step and parts any thing helps!
|
kb228
9/20/2019 4:42am
I guess ill assume this is serious..

Your fork, not shock, has a leaky fork seal and its fork oil leaking out.

Coolant in the engine means your base gasket, headgasket, or waterpump seals are leaking.

If i were you id probably pay someone to repair it until you get more familiar with the bike.
Robdog345
9/20/2019 9:43am
kb228 wrote:
I guess ill assume this is serious.. Your fork, not shock, has a leaky fork seal and its fork oil leaking out. Coolant in the engine...

Coolant in the engine means your base gasket, headgasket, or waterpump seals are leaking.

If i were you id probably pay someone to repair it until you get more familiar with the bike.
Thanks just wondering just a ballpark estimate on how much this would run me?
kb228
9/20/2019 9:54am
kb228 wrote:
I guess ill assume this is serious.. Your fork, not shock, has a leaky fork seal and its fork oil leaking out. Coolant in the engine...

Robdog345 wrote:
Thanks just wondering just a ballpark estimate on how much this would run me?
No idea. My local dealer charges $85/hr. Others charge less.
garagedog
Fantasy
687th
9/20/2019 8:07pm
Find a service manual online and read up on it.

Post a reply to: Coolant in my engine 2016 crf250r

The Latest