Cone valve popping??

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2017 4:08 PM

Hey guys,
Recently got a pair of used cone valves, they feel amazing compared to the 4cs...but anyways back to the problem. I get a really wierd popping sensation when I come off a steep faced jump. Just curious if anybody else has experienced this, or if you guys have any advice?

|

9/8/2017 5:28 PM

Does it feel like fast rebounding, "topping out"?

Do you know how much the preload clickers are at?

|

9/8/2017 6:53 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Does it feel like fast rebounding, "topping out"?

Do you know how much the preload clickers are at?

Not to hijack the thread, but mine do...any advice?

|

9/9/2017 4:11 AM

So I got this feeling a few times and it was described to me as "topping out". Like if I found a quick bump and tried to use it to hop to anothubg braking bump or tranny.

There wasn't really a cure, could try and slow your rebound down and check to see where your preload clicker is.

I was also informed that the spring inside should be 488mm. Recently FC added 2 spacers on my spring which I feel took up that hair of extra slack and might be why I don't feel it any more...
Photo
2 people said not too worry about the feeling because it only happens here and there. Maybe someone else has a more technical reason why this happens?

|

9/10/2017 2:54 AM

I felt the same thing in my 48s before I had them serviced I've only done an hit on them since so not sure if it still does it yet. But I have noticed oil leaking from the top of the forks even when left in the garage they seam to weep any one else have this or know why? Photo

|

9/10/2017 3:06 AM

I'm guessing the seal where the preload adjusts. Mine weeps but never bothers me. I just wipe it away occasionally

|

9/20/2017 10:58 AM

Thanks guys, I took the preload all the way out and went 2 clicks softer on the rebound seemed to get most of it to go away. Do you guys have a special tool to adjust the compression clicker? Seems like a pain in the ass to remove the bars or forks to adjust a clicker!

|

9/20/2017 12:52 PM

Ktm life wrote:

Thanks guys, I took the preload all the way out and went 2 clicks softer on the rebound seemed to get most of it to go away. Do you guys have a special tool to adjust the compression clicker? Seems like a pain in the ass to remove the bars or forks to adjust a clicker!

How close are your bars to the top of the fork? Ive seen some people use something like this from Ride Eng. Ive seen someone just use it as a tool, not mounted to the fork like the KYB.
Photo
Photo

|

9/20/2017 6:09 PM

Ktm life wrote:

I use these to adjust my comp clickers. Used the Ride Eng ones in the past, bit of a pain to setup, but work well.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/731/61208/Race-Tech-Fork-Compression-Adjuster-Tool

|

9/22/2017 1:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2017 1:18 AM

You can just bend a thin flat regular screwdriver and use that to adjust comp. If you are careful adjusting one click at a time is not problem. Adding i just bent it slightly, not 90 degree or anything.

|