Clutch cover?

Blackjack31
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2019 4:07pm
So I have a gytr clutch cover that has a lot of the paint/powder coat/anodized color coming off. And it doesn’t look good. So I have a couple things I am thinking about doing but don’t know which would be best.
1. Strip color and polish. I can do it but don’t know how to strip the color without thinning the cover with a wire wheel. Aircraft remover doesn’t work. Any ideas?
2. Wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl car wrap. How well will this hold up? I’m fine with it tearing after 30ish hours but it’s not worth my time if it will tear or mess up after one ride.
*** What should I do? I personally would rather just strip the color off and polish. Not to a shine but a clean look. But I don’t know how to do it without thinning it. Opinions?
|
Turbojez
1/24/2019 3:23am
So I have a gytr clutch cover that has a lot of the paint/powder coat/anodized color coming off. And it doesn’t look good. So I have...
So I have a gytr clutch cover that has a lot of the paint/powder coat/anodized color coming off. And it doesn’t look good. So I have a couple things I am thinking about doing but don’t know which would be best.
1. Strip color and polish. I can do it but don’t know how to strip the color without thinning the cover with a wire wheel. Aircraft remover doesn’t work. Any ideas?
2. Wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl car wrap. How well will this hold up? I’m fine with it tearing after 30ish hours but it’s not worth my time if it will tear or mess up after one ride.
*** What should I do? I personally would rather just strip the color off and polish. Not to a shine but a clean look. But I don’t know how to do it without thinning it. Opinions?
1. It is probably anodized. You could have it re anodized.
2. No chance it will hold up. Not worth the hassle
3. Powdercoat is another option
4. Cerakote is another option
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
1/24/2019 8:14am
A fine bead blast looks cool and lasts really well.

I had a worn looking boyesen cover so glass bead blasted it and it turned out like this....

But be warned a tough anodize coat does take some time to remove. Using a more aggressive blast media will be faster but will leave a poorer looking finish as a result.
RyanLester761
1/24/2019 2:56pm
I agree with bead blasting. It's quick and shiny enough where boot wear won't be as noticeable. You could Cerakote, powder coat or re-anodize, but those would all wear over time and the worn marks would be a contrast to the coating and look bad all over again.

The Shop

m1ke20012
1/24/2019 4:07pm
I think removing the anodizing for a clean billet bare aluminum look would look coolest.

Post a reply to: Clutch cover?

The Latest