Closest 19 250f to feeling like a 2 stroke?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2019 12:44 PM

Ok guys so I’m about to buy a new bike... I have had a 14 YZ250f but I traded it for a 2 stroke. I’m wanting to get on another 250f but I want the bike to feel as close to a 2 stroke as possible. I know a few people said the Honda feels like a hopped up 125 but what about ktm or Husqvarna with there crazy topend? And input is greatly appreciated!

|

Just send it!!?

3/3/2019 1:20 PM

Hit some demo days. Or local tracks. Offer up $100 for a few riding sessions to someone. Cheaper than 8k on a bike you dont like.

|

3/3/2019 2:24 PM

Like you said, Honda feels most like a 125 The way you scream it. The bike will never feel as light but it is skinny and nimble.

You can scream a KTM or husky but it feels most like a true 250f.

Twisted Development has the ability to map bikes so that it reduces the engine braking which makes it feel more free off throttle.

|

3/5/2019 10:20 PM

mapping change, looser end of valve spec clearance, ceramic bearings, coatings, wpc treatment any 250f will feel like a two stroke.

|

3/6/2019 2:58 AM

Deister67 wrote:

Ok guys so I’m about to buy a new bike... I have had a 14 YZ250f but I traded it for a 2 stroke. I’m wanting to get on another 250f but I want the bike to feel as close to a 2 stroke as possible. I know a few people said the Honda feels like a hopped up 125 but what about ktm or Husqvarna with there crazy topend? And input is greatly appreciated!

Just curious, why won't you buy another 2 stroke if it's traits are what you're after? Racing competitively?

|

3/6/2019 3:50 AM

I think a ktm 150 is the bike for you. A 250f is not going to feel like a 2 stroke.

|

3/6/2019 6:16 PM

Turbojez wrote:

Just curious, why won't you buy another 2 stroke if it's traits are what you're after? Racing competitively?

Well the thing is that I’m racing competitively I’m by no means “slow” but I’m also not pro I’m at a really weird skill level.. I’m a fast c rider but not too great of a b rider.. I need to have the most competitive bike that I can with as much hp as possible that I would feel good on.. thats the big reason for wanting to go back with a 4 stroke.

|

Just send it!!?