Related:
Create New Tag
Rickyisms Rickyisms
2/25/2019 8:03 AM

My motor for my 125 build has 0 hours top to bottom, everything's a bit dingey so I would like to get it nice and clean without splitting cases. Anyone got any tips? Not looking for a mirror finish or anything but something relatively good and clean.

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

Alec138 Alec138
2/25/2019 8:57 AM

Mag wheel cleaner, toothbrushes and the sponges with brillo pad on one side. Also some simple green. I did my yz250 engine on the bike best i could before i sold it. Photo

brody brody
2/25/2019 9:18 AM

i know you can vapor blast them but have the valves good.

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

cwtoyota cwtoyota
2/26/2019 2:19 AM

Go to the hardware store, or a marine place and get some expanding plugs, or rubber stoppers.

Put the stoppers in your intake & exhaust ports. Then put plug your tranny and PV vent hoses.

You can use some kind of caustic cleaner like the purple zep degreaser and either scotch-brite, or a stainless wire brush on the aluminum cases. On the cylinder casting (rough cast) use a nylon brush, the wire brush and scotch-brite mess up the dull finish.

kb228 kb228
2/26/2019 2:57 AM

Without disassembling the engine you can have it sodablasted and be OK. My local vapor blasting guy told me that blasting an assembled motor isnt a good idea. Honestly i dont know why soda is OK and vapor isnt since vapor is less abrasive. Just wanted to throw that info i got from my local experts.

Rickyisms Rickyisms
2/26/2019 8:20 AM

I appreciate the responses fellas.

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

motox331 motox331
2/26/2019 9:04 AM
kb228 wrote:

Without disassembling the ...more

I would assume he doesnt like the idea of blasting the gaskets with high pressure water.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry