Chinese 110cc not starting

Bob_Billy
Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 7:24pm
I have a chinese 110 cc dirtbike that is not starting. I have spark, compression, and gas is flowing through the the line and out of the carb clean and clear. When I kickstart it, sometimes it will crank and then have super high rpms for a second the turn off. Other times it will just not start. If this has happened to anyone and they know how to fix it please help.
Thanks

Update: The bike will start now but the rpms will be super high even without any throttle on full choke. It will only run on full choke and will slowly die at half choke and no choke. I bought it after it was sitting for two years... I can get a new carb, and new air filter for like 25 bucks.... should I do that and see if it helps? It is a four stroke bike and Im using non ethanol gas in it. Lastly the carb cannot be taken apart because its a pos chinese carb so I cant take it apart fully and look at the jets.
|
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/31/2017 2:48pm
Have you cleaned out the jets? It sounds like a dirty carb
Paw Paw
7/31/2017 2:49pm
Check for ...
Air leaks in the intake system or gaskets at the head to cylinder and cylinder to base.
Dirty carb jets

You did not state if it's a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke engine.

Paw Paw
Bob_Billy
7/31/2017 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2017 6:12pm
Update: The bike will start now but the rpms will be super high even without any throttle on full choke. It will only run on full choke and will slowly die at half choke and no choke. I bought it after it was sitting for two years... I can get a new carb, and new air filter for like 25 bucks.... should I do that and see if it helps? It is a four stroke bike and Im using non ethanol gas in it. Lastly the carb cannot be taken apart because its a pos chinese carb so I cant take it apart fully and look at the jets.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/31/2017 6:59pm
If the carb can not be taken apart, that is just about for sure the issue. Buy the new carb and filter and you may just be good to go. Can you upload a picture of the carb?

The Shop

Bob_Billy
7/31/2017 7:09pm
imoto34 wrote:
If the carb can not be taken apart, that is just about for sure the issue. Buy the new carb and filter and you may just...
If the carb can not be taken apart, that is just about for sure the issue. Buy the new carb and filter and you may just be good to go. Can you upload a picture of the carb?
This is pretty close to the original one.
Paw Paw
8/1/2017 3:13am
If you can't take the carb apart, then replace it. The pilot jet is clogged and maybe other things.

Paw Paw
8/1/2017 10:45am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 10:45am
I have the exact same problem with a 110cc Lifan motor that came on a CT70 I bought. I think the carb on there now actually is a PZ19. I tried cleaning the carb several times but the issue persisted. Good call on the El Cheapo carb on Amazon. Just need it to work good enough so I can sell the bike
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/1/2017 10:58am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 10:58am
For $25, I'd buy the new carb and filter and see what you get.

Failing that, you can remove all the hoses, cables, plastic, etc. and submerge the thing (the carb, that is) in Chem Dip for a few hours, then blast it out with compressed air.
Bob_Billy
8/1/2017 6:31pm
Falcon wrote:
For $25, I'd buy the new carb and filter and see what you get. Failing that, you can remove all the hoses, cables, plastic, etc. and...
For $25, I'd buy the new carb and filter and see what you get.

Failing that, you can remove all the hoses, cables, plastic, etc. and submerge the thing (the carb, that is) in Chem Dip for a few hours, then blast it out with compressed air.
Now the bike will sound like it will idle fine only with full choke on (straight fuel, no air). When I turn the choke about halfway the engine dies and I cant even get to no choke without it dying. Do you still think a new carb will cure the problem?
Paw Paw
8/1/2017 7:24pm
Yes, it is a plugged up pilot jet in the carb.

Paw Paw
Bob_Billy
8/1/2017 8:00pm
Paw Paw wrote:
Yes, it is a plugged up pilot jet in the carb.

Paw Paw
Last question, Ive been taking the carb off and spraying carb cleaner in every little port and even spraying it into the fuel port and shaking it and then letting it come out through the overflow. After 1 clean (been doing it multiple times), it will do the idle on full choke but will putter put with when going to no choke. But after a couple cycles of it dying and me cranmking it back up... it wont start with no choke or even full choke?? Is this because I am flooding the engine kicking it so many times or do you think gunk has worked its way back into tiny jet holes and are clogging them up? It was sitting for two years. And thank you its been a huge help... this is the first bike I have ever owned and hopefully can move on to nicer, better made brands once I know my way around them.
Paw Paw
8/1/2017 8:44pm
I have answered this!!!!!!!!!!
Take the carb apart and clean each jet and the carb body or buy a new carb.

Paw Paw
markit
8/3/2017 6:16am
I think he needs to clean the carb or buy a new one. SickWhistling
speed_racer
Fantasy
1939th
8/4/2017 8:32am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 8:34am
Intake valve will also be tight.

Reason the thing was parked in the first place was probably because the intake valve is tight and it wouldn't idle.
Someone parked it and the carb became dirty too, tricking the tech into thinking it just needs a carb clean.
I called China, they said every one of those engines have a tight intake and exhaust valve.

Post a reply to: Chinese 110cc not starting

The Latest