Chad Reed no KYB stickers on forks ??

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2018 2:13 PM

Just curious if anyone knows why he’s not running with any KYB fork stickers now ?

Also looks like he may have gone a different route with internals ? Seems to have a anodised blue top on his forks now wink

|

5/3/2018 4:49 PM

Umm i think techinical touch does his forks and probably doesnt get any help from kyb so why run the logo.

|

5/3/2018 6:38 PM

I agree with above. If he's paying, he's not running logos. I don't even do fork stickers anymore. People can choose their own layout according to the graphics, since that's so imfuckinportant. Lol

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

5/3/2018 9:36 PM

Craig_Whitfield wrote:

Just curious if anyone knows why he’s not running with any KYB fork stickers now ?

Also looks like he may have gone a different route with internals ? Seems to have a anodised blue top on his forks now wink

You can order KYB Cartridge Kit for WP with anodised blue or red caps without extra costs from Technical Touch. Just mention it before placing the order wink

|

5/3/2018 11:10 PM

He’s not running kyb forks anymore

|

5/3/2018 11:34 PM

Craig_Whitfield wrote:

Just curious if anyone knows why he’s not running with any KYB fork stickers now ?

Also looks like he may have gone a different route with internals ? Seems to have a anodised blue top on his forks now wink

needforspeed78 wrote:

You can order KYB Cartridge Kit for WP with anodised blue or red caps without extra costs from Technical Touch. Just mention it before placing the order wink

I’m just waiting to have this conversion done.

I’m glad you said this now because mine are at Technical Touch so hopefully I’ll get a choice wink

|

5/3/2018 11:35 PM

motomike894 wrote:

He’s not running kyb forks anymore

Really ? Wonder what he’s on now ?

|

5/4/2018 1:17 AM

He running WP suspension now, I think forks have the kyb internals though, something along those lines.

|

5/4/2018 1:44 AM

motomike894 wrote:

He running WP suspension now, I think forks have the kyb internals though, something along those lines.

Yea he’s on WP just using kyb internals but I thought he had changed again but I guess he’s still using the kyb internals

|

5/4/2018 7:18 PM

Yes from what Ive read and heard listening to podcasts, Chad is running WP outer tubes with KYB internals from Technical Touch mostly due to wall thicknesses and how the tubes were designed to flex better in unison with the Husky chassis ...better than the full on KYB forks he was trying out earlier in the year.

This is one of the main reasons I really prefer running stock triple clamps on all my bikes....had high doller ones from a few mfg's and always felt they hurt the handling and feel of the bike more than helped it.

|

5/4/2018 8:30 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

Yes from what Ive read and heard listening to podcasts, Chad is running WP outer tubes with KYB internals from Technical Touch mostly due to wall thicknesses and how the tubes were designed to flex better in unison with the Husky chassis ...better than the full on KYB forks he was trying out earlier in the year.

This is one of the main reasons I really prefer running stock triple clamps on all my bikes....had high doller ones from a few mfg's and always felt they hurt the handling and feel of the bike more than helped it.

I'm gonna have to roll with ya on this^^^

My last two bikes tried high end clamps, ended up going back to stock for better feel. Go figure...

|

5/5/2018 6:16 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Yes from what Ive read and heard listening to podcasts, Chad is running WP outer tubes with KYB internals from Technical Touch mostly due to wall thicknesses and how the tubes were designed to flex better in unison with the Husky chassis ...better than the full on KYB forks he was trying out earlier in the year.

This is one of the main reasons I really prefer running stock triple clamps on all my bikes....had high doller ones from a few mfg's and always felt they hurt the handling and feel of the bike more than helped it.

Im with you on this to. I have the sfs neken clamps and when I switched back to the standard clamps I preferred them. I’m sure my clamps are the same offset as standard so it’s a bit odd

|