Ceramic engine bearings, vs microblue steel bearings.

4csHATER
So the topic states it all. JW your experiences with the GOOD bearings.... not the taiwanese,asian, or chinese ceramics.
the ceramics with japan outer race, u.s. ceramic balls Inside the motor.

Are they more durable?
are they worth the investment if your not on a budget?
when to replace?
how to install?

I personally dont care about where else to spend money. im just interested in questions and topics on this thread as it is a possibility i may give it a go.?!?
|
Hondas4Life3
1/29/2018 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 2:50pm
4csHATER wrote:
So the topic states it all. JW your experiences with the GOOD bearings.... not the taiwanese,asian, or chinese ceramics. the ceramics with japan outer race, u.s...
So the topic states it all. JW your experiences with the GOOD bearings.... not the taiwanese,asian, or chinese ceramics.
the ceramics with japan outer race, u.s. ceramic balls Inside the motor.

Are they more durable?
are they worth the investment if your not on a budget?
when to replace?
how to install?

I personally dont care about where else to spend money. im just interested in questions and topics on this thread as it is a possibility i may give it a go.?!?
Well ceramic bearings that are the exact sizes and for your application may be hard to source. A microblued OEM bearing would be easier to have done. For longevity I would say Cryo-Heat them while your at it. I have heard of people REM treating bearings but I have talked to others that say the media gets caught inside and it can't get quite as good of a finish vs transmission gears. I cannot speak on durability but a cryo-treated bearing properly installed should last a very long time.

Never used either just my .02
4csHATER
1/29/2018 10:28pm
Braaaphole wrote:
Where are you finding ceramic bearings?
Worldwidebearings.com

Post a reply to: Ceramic engine bearings, vs microblue steel bearings.

The Latest