Carbon Scoring....

motoxgolf11
Pardon the Star Wars pun, but I have a 2006 YZ250 that I'm putting back into fighting shape. And I currently run a pro circuit pipe on it and it looks like there's lots of black carbon build up. Are there pipe shops that get this out? I feel like it's hurting performance. I know shops take out dents but do they remove the carbon too? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
|
Acidreamer
8/24/2017 9:31am
Theres wire brushes with a lead you can attach to a drill that works great for removing it. Spray the crap out of the carbon with brake cleaner and go to town with the wire brush. You wont get 100% of it but at least 80%.
Squirtlege
8/24/2017 9:31am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2017 9:33am
This may or may not be the appropriate thing to do to a pipe, so take it with a grain of salt... But I've rinsed the inside of my Yammie pipe out with gas and gotten good results.

Edit: my pipe was fairly new though, wasn't too old and caked so may have been a little easier than an old well used pipe
8/24/2017 12:12pm
I've heard of the approach that Acidreamer working pretty well.... Imagine like a drain snake, but one side has bristles, the middle is long and flexs, and the other end goes into your drill..

This approach to decarbonizing seems pretty legit too

https://youtu.be/9TL8cUhdYu4

Post a reply to: Carbon Scoring....

The Latest