Can you change oil filter after oil change?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/8/2018 4:35 PM

I did my oil change on my crf250r and when I went to change the filter i realized the dealership gave me the wrong one.. So i put in new oil but kept the old oil filter in.. now that I have the right one can I just change the oil filter without changing the oil again? or should I change the oil and filter at once again? pros or cons? or does it not matter?

|

5/8/2018 5:03 PM

I usually do my filter every other oil change, so just wait until your next oil change.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/8/2018 5:03 PM

Lean the bike over on its side with the oil filter side facing up. Let it sit for a minute or two to let any oil in the oil filter cavity drain back into the rest of the motor, then put your new one in. No need to drain your fresh oil.

|

5/8/2018 5:12 PM

mx317 wrote:

I usually do my filter every other oil change, so just wait until your next oil change.

I thought about that only problem is this was my first oil change after engine break in.. so I kinda feel like I NEED to change my filter

|

5/8/2018 5:13 PM

CSAR FE wrote:

Lean the bike over on its side with the oil filter side facing up. Let it sit for a minute or two to let any oil in the oil filter cavity drain back into the rest of the motor, then put your new one in. No need to drain your fresh oil.

thats what ill do thanks!

|