Can someone confirm that this is an A-kit fork?

Lasse
Fantasy
2963rd
Edited Date/Time 8/6/2022 1:09am
Hi guys!

Been eyeing a PSF1 fork build, when I found this. Can somebody confirm that this is an A-kit airfork?

https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/motoren/onderdelen-yamaha/m1865744631-yz45…
|
Motofinne
7/25/2022 5:46am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2022 5:48am
It looks like a PSF1 kit air fork from Technical Touch. It has the caps, it has the lower DLC coatings, it has the black plastic sliders and that fork for the Yamaha came with the stock lugs and not the CNC machined ones. So it seems pretty legit. The one thing that looks a bit strange is the upper fork leg kashima colour. It looks kinda dark, and there should be a small text like this on the fork:

7/25/2022 6:30am
Poster above makes some good points. I would like to add that an A-kit KYB fork can have upper tubes without the laser etching. For example enzo sells a factory KYB kit fork (without the etching) that has a signature “darker” Kashima. They’re still genuine kashima coated tubes from Japan though. So on that front I think you’re ok. The inner cartridge (the part just outside of the inner cap) is black as well which is indicative of a kit cartridge. That fork cap seems to be a little bit older generation as the newer caps are anodized red, but are still ok.
I would reach out to your trusted suspension shop if you’d like to confirm, but these seem like a kit or semi-kit fork for sure.
Hope that helps!
7/25/2022 6:32am
Also would like to add that if it’s a “genuine technical touch kit” it will have an identifying stamp/vin on the lower lugs

Post a reply to: Can someone confirm that this is an A-kit fork?

The Latest