CR125 Hinson basket issues

sargebro689
Edited Date/Time 3/20/2020 7:48pm
So I scored a deal on a brand new hinson basket for my 03 off ebay. Went to install it today and the primary drive/kickstart gear doesn’t seem to fit into place with the gears on the bike, the teeth seem larger along with the outside diameter being larger than the stock piece. the part number is correct, ive looked for hinson specific instructions to no avail since my basket came with nothing. You can’t transfer the gear from the stock basket to the hinson because the kickstart gear is part of the stock basket, the outer gear/kickstart gear that came on the hinson is all one piece. Kind of at a loss of what to do, from what I’ve read/seen there doesnt seem to be a trick to install these unless I’m completely missing something.

|
3/20/2020 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2020 7:48pm
Were you ever able to figure this out? I am having the same issue. I believe the gear on the Hinson basket is for the crf. At least that’s what I concluded on mine.
sargebro689
3/20/2020 7:57pm
Were you ever able to figure this out? I am having the same issue. I believe the gear on the Hinson basket is for the crf...
Were you ever able to figure this out? I am having the same issue. I believe the gear on the Hinson basket is for the crf. At least that’s what I concluded on mine.
I contacted hinson and they said they used to mod the cr125 basket for the crf250 and thats what I had, and that there was nothing I could do to make it work. So after arguing with the ebay seller that it was the wrong part and not as advertised(providing screenshots of hinson emails), he finally accepted the return and gave me my money back.
3/20/2020 8:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2020 8:16pm
Wow.. so then it looks like I have the CRF version as well.. Did you get another basket? Haha. Appreciate the insight and response! Thanks, John

Post a reply to: CR125 Hinson basket issues

The Latest