Bud HGS pipe

pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
I recently got a really good deal on a yz125 pipe stamped Bud HGS. I know that HGS make a great YZ pipe and I know that Bud is a French tuning company. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about a collaboration between the two companies or if it is just a HGS pipe stamped with BUD? Thanks. At some point someone has scratched YZ144 into it if that helps.
|
Motofinne
11/12/2018 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2018 10:12pm
I'm pretty certain that it is a normal HGS pipe with BUD branding. Great pipes for 2-strokes, in fact i would say the best (at least that is my experience).
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/13/2018 7:51am
Motofinne wrote:
I'm pretty certain that it is a normal HGS pipe with BUD branding. Great pipes for 2-strokes, in fact i would say the best (at least...
I'm pretty certain that it is a normal HGS pipe with BUD branding. Great pipes for 2-strokes, in fact i would say the best (at least that is my experience).
Yes, this. I have one on my 250sx and she barks
Tracktor
11/13/2018 10:20am
Bud is the importer to US for HGS. Pipe is the same.........Great power but we have fund fitment/quality of welds is hit & miss......
11/13/2018 1:29pm
Asked this very same question to a HGS dealer over here. My YZ125 had one on it when I bought it. He said the guy who owned BUD Racing was the mechanic to Yves Demaria back in the 90's. He set up his company and paid HGS £100,000 to have BUD stamped on them. HGS but look slightly more trick & rare.

The Shop

omalley
11/14/2018 8:22am Edited Date/Time 11/14/2018 6:08pm
Tracktor wrote:
Bud is the importer to US for HGS. Pipe is the same.........Great power but we have fund fitment/quality of welds is hit & miss......
My experience thus far. Ordered their pipe and carbon silencer for my 02 CR250R...to say the fit wasn’t even close would be an understatement...returned to BUD for exchange.
There’s more to this story, but waiting to see how BUD handles it before I go flame mode....but it’s not looking good.

Update:
BUD is taking care of me on it, but I’ll have to see what the replacement looks like before a final say on the pipe itself.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/14/2018 8:29am
Tracktor wrote:
omalley wrote:
My experience thus far. Ordered their pipe and carbon silencer for my 02 CR250R...to say the fit wasn’t even close would be an understatement...returned to BUD...
My experience thus far. Ordered their pipe and carbon silencer for my 02 CR250R...to say the fit wasn’t even close would be an understatement...returned to BUD for exchange.
There’s more to this story, but waiting to see how BUD handles it before I go flame mode....but it’s not looking good.

Update:
BUD is taking care of me on it, but I’ll have to see what the replacement looks like before a final say on the pipe itself.
Give them a chance. I'm within 2 hours of them so it's different circumstances but I had my first pipe not fit my 250sx well and Bud met me at the track on a Saturday and fitted up a new one. Bummer they don't all fit perfect but they perform awesome and that was going above and beyond for me.
Tracktor
11/14/2018 11:31am
Tracktor wrote:
omalley wrote:
My experience thus far. Ordered their pipe and carbon silencer for my 02 CR250R...to say the fit wasn’t even close would be an understatement...returned to BUD...

Update:
Someone local here had one with leaky welds on first ride and was just told to go have it taken care of by a welding shop. Brand new pipe. Didn't even offer an exchange. Ours had a pinhole leak also I found when blowing out dent but didn't bother to call as it was used, obviously. Even though leak was no where near where it was dented. I bought the Buds silencer because it looked pretty cool but mount was janky as all get out. I had to rework it completely so it didn't flop around...........
H4L
11/14/2018 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2018 6:49pm
Bought a Bud HGS pipe for an 06 CR2 a couple of yrs. ago & so far it's been a good performer. I was told by the person that took my phone order that HGS stamps Bud's name on it since they help with testing & is the only US distributor. Not sure if that's fact or fiction. Never looked into it, but took it at face value.
11/14/2018 10:38pm
H4L wrote:
Bought a Bud HGS pipe for an 06 CR2 a couple of yrs. ago & so far it's been a good performer. I was told by...
Bought a Bud HGS pipe for an 06 CR2 a couple of yrs. ago & so far it's been a good performer. I was told by the person that took my phone order that HGS stamps Bud's name on it since they help with testing & is the only US distributor. Not sure if that's fact or fiction. Never looked into it, but took it at face value.
I told you the reason in my post.
H4L
11/15/2018 6:35am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2018 6:36am
Were you telling me or the OP.. Laughing JK..
Just read your post from above & originally had read the OP's. Sometimes you get different stories from different sources. Unless I heard it from the owner of Bud racing himself It's hard to believe what's posted on the net most of the time.
That being said the individual that told me was a manager if I recall & he works for Bud Racing here in CA. I'd think he would have some inside knowledge on the Bud stamping of the HGS pipes since it's local & not some dealer across the pond. As far as being rare they're not locally to us. Every HGS pipe I've seen has a Bud logo stamped on them.
11/15/2018 7:20am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2018 1:42pm
H4L wrote:
Were you telling me or the OP.. :laugh: JK.. Just read your post from above & originally had read the OP's. Sometimes you get different stories...
Were you telling me or the OP.. Laughing JK..
Just read your post from above & originally had read the OP's. Sometimes you get different stories from different sources. Unless I heard it from the owner of Bud racing himself It's hard to believe what's posted on the net most of the time.
That being said the individual that told me was a manager if I recall & he works for Bud Racing here in CA. I'd think he would have some inside knowledge on the Bud stamping of the HGS pipes since it's local & not some dealer across the pond. As far as being rare they're not locally to us. Every HGS pipe I've seen has a Bud logo stamped on them.
I asked this guy in the UK, why does my HGS pipe have Bud stamped on it, that's when he told me about how he knew the owner, I believe he died recently, & paid £100k to have his brand stamped on it. The Bud Racing owner was originally a mechanic for the works Kawasaki team in the 90's.

Forgot to add the guy I spoke to, Roland Shaw at Hardcore Racing (guys from the UK have probably heard of him and there's nothing he doesn't know about 2 stroke tuning), is a HGS Importer and he said the carbon silencer they make is made in house at their workshop in France.
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
11/16/2018 1:46pm
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll give it a try this weekend and see how it goes.
chump6784
11/16/2018 9:06pm
I just bought a new yz250 and over here they come with a GYTR by HGS pipe and silencer. It is the same as far as i can tell as a regular HGS pipe. Seems HGS will make pipes for other companies and stamp both logo's on them. It is a very nice pipe, strong smooth power especially through the mid, not quite as much top as a dep on my old yz though
H4L
11/20/2018 5:47am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 5:51am
I asked this guy in the UK, why does my HGS pipe have Bud stamped on it, that's when he told me about how he knew...
I asked this guy in the UK, why does my HGS pipe have Bud stamped on it, that's when he told me about how he knew the owner, I believe he died recently, & paid £100k to have his brand stamped on it. The Bud Racing owner was originally a mechanic for the works Kawasaki team in the 90's.

Forgot to add the guy I spoke to, Roland Shaw at Hardcore Racing (guys from the UK have probably heard of him and there's nothing he doesn't know about 2 stroke tuning), is a HGS Importer and he said the carbon silencer they make is made in house at their workshop in France.
Haven't heard of Roland Shaw at Hardcore Racing in the UK.

I reached out to Bud Racing through email about the Bud logo on the HGS pipes & got a response.

BUD RACING USA
Mon 11/19/2018, 9:49 AM
Ray,

The BUD logo stamp is made before that section of the pipe was cut. We are the official importer and distributor for HGS pipes in the North & South America. For Europe, our race team officially uses HGS pipes.

There are other reasons why our BUD logo is stamped together with HGS logo as the owners of both companies have known each other for a long time.

Regards,

John Soriano
BUD Racing USA
31889 Corydon Street #150
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
951-245-2660
info@budracingusa.com
www.budracingusa.com
On 17/11/2018 15:48, Ray wrote:
Hello,
I purchased an HGS pipe for a CR250r that came with the Bud logo stamped on it through your company. Would you be able to tell me how the Bud logo was considered being stamped by HGS the pipe manufacturer ?

Thank you,

Ray

Post a reply to: Bud HGS pipe

The Latest