Magura (edited) rear master rebuild... what was the

4/10/2021 5:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2021 6:25pm
Got a leak on the bottom of the rear master cylinder on my '19 Husky TX300.

Somewhere in the dark recesses of my moto brain, I recall that the hot tip was to replace the O-rings and seal with those from a KTM 300. Or was it the other way around? On a KTM use Magura parts?

Or should I just use a OEM seal? If that is indeed the problem, which I'll find out tomorrow.

Got a race in 2 weeks so I need to take care of this and test them before then.
|
AJ565
4/10/2021 8:04pm
Brakes are over rated, they only slow you down.
captmoto
4/10/2021 9:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2021 9:06pm
I think it was for the clutch slave cylinder. At least that's what I did. I used the KTM part in my Husky when it took a shit now with no problems. 50 hours. How many hours?
Rickyisms
4/10/2021 9:07pm
captmoto wrote:
I think it was for the clutch slave cylinder. At least that's what I did. I used the KTM part in my Husky when it took...
I think it was for the clutch slave cylinder. At least that's what I did. I used the KTM part in my Husky when it took a shit now with no problems. 50 hours. How many hours?
That’s what I believe it was too. The Magura clutch is notoriously bad, but we haven’t had any problems with their brake systems.
Factor E
4/11/2021 12:56am
Moose make a rebuild kit

The Shop

4/11/2021 5:47am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2021 5:47am
captmoto wrote:
I think it was for the clutch slave cylinder. At least that's what I did. I used the KTM part in my Husky when it took...
There ya go... now the bells are starting to ring!!!

At this point, I don't what the issue is going to be. I just know that after a 120 mile, 2-day enduro, I have no rear brake and there's fluid hanging off the end of the joint head that connects the pedal to the master cylinder. Later today, I'll take it off and have a good look-see. Just wanted to be prepared to order The Right Stuff if that's what's need.

Thanks
4/12/2021 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2021 4:47am
Looks like a blown seal in the unit. I removed and cleaned it out but when I pump the brake, it blows fluid out the bottom. I have a new piston/seals coming but IF they don't do the job, can I swap the entire Brembo rear brake off my '19 KTM 150 SX to the bike? I have a race in two weeks and knowing this would give me some options.

I could Google all day long but I know you guys know. And I'd just go out and check but the Husky is here and the KTM is at the other house, 120 miles away.
Rickyisms
4/12/2021 8:14pm
Looks like a blown seal in the unit. I removed and cleaned it out but when I pump the brake, it blows fluid out the bottom...
Looks like a blown seal in the unit. I removed and cleaned it out but when I pump the brake, it blows fluid out the bottom. I have a new piston/seals coming but IF they don't do the job, can I swap the entire Brembo rear brake off my '19 KTM 150 SX to the bike? I have a race in two weeks and knowing this would give me some options.

I could Google all day long but I know you guys know. And I'd just go out and check but the Husky is here and the KTM is at the other house, 120 miles away.
I believe you can but I can’t promise it. Might have to use the KTM rear wheel and brake caliper bracket, and you can use calipers to measure the distance between the bolt holes on each bike to compare.
4/12/2021 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2021 4:48am
Rickyisms wrote:
I believe you can but I can’t promise it. Might have to use the KTM rear wheel and brake caliper bracket, and you can use calipers...
I believe you can but I can’t promise it. Might have to use the KTM rear wheel and brake caliper bracket, and you can use calipers to measure the distance between the bolt holes on each bike to compare.
Actually, I have a Bulletproof disc guard on the KTM, so if the axle is the same size, it might work.

I hope the rebuild kit just solves the problem Bike has 180 h but is new to me. I'm betting it has the original cylinder guts.

I don't mind buying a whole new cylinder if I have to but time's running out to get this done.
Rickyisms
4/13/2021 9:12am
Rickyisms wrote:
I believe you can but I can’t promise it. Might have to use the KTM rear wheel and brake caliper bracket, and you can use calipers...
Actually, I have a Bulletproof disc guard on the KTM, so if the axle is the same size, it might work. I hope the rebuild kit...
Actually, I have a Bulletproof disc guard on the KTM, so if the axle is the same size, it might work.

I hope the rebuild kit just solves the problem Bike has 180 h but is new to me. I'm betting it has the original cylinder guts.

I don't mind buying a whole new cylinder if I have to but time's running out to get this done.
My KTM brake and clutch systems have held up very well. I’ve rebuilt rear Master and caliper, but the front system and the hydro clutch is still on its original components with 220 something hours.

Post a reply to: Magura (edited) rear master rebuild... what was the

The Latest