Brake rotor issue

MB726
I installed a Galfer 270mm oversized brake rotor on my bike and also installed a new set of Galfer brake pads like they suggest to do with the new rotor. I installed everything like it says to but no matter what I do the rotor seems to be rubbing on the brake pads. I made sure several times that the front tire was set right and still seems to rub. Is this a normal deal until I get some brake in time with the rotor and pads? Seemed like a pretty straight forward deal and this was the last thing I thought I'd be having an issue with. Any ideas?
|
Paw Paw 271
1/10/2021 4:28pm
Too much fluid in master cylinder?
Worn brake pad pins?
Is the drag continues or intermittent?
The unit you installed is new or used?
Have you checked the rotor for run out?

Paw Paw
Rider 5280
1/10/2021 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2021 4:35pm
I had a similar problem and it was slightly too much brake fluid in the master. In my case, the brake caliper was grabbing so hard once the fluid got hot and expanded that the bike could basically no longer push itself and the front end was beginning to tuck ... oy.

Try taking a syringe and removing fluid from the master cylinder until it's at 1/3 up in the window. That's a good first step to rule out overfilling as an issue.
rjg
1/10/2021 8:02pm
Is it possible you pushed dirt in with the brake caliper piston when you installed the new pads? Just saying it could be your piston is stuck and is constantly applied.

The Shop

moto726
1/11/2021 9:52pm
I don’t think the fluid level is excessive, but I like the syringe idea, I’ll give that a shot and see. The drag is continuous as the wheel spins. All parts were brand new out of the box. I cleaned everything off prior to taking anything apart, but who knows. Definitely not normal....

I’ll take some fluid out and see what she says after. Thanks for the input!
moto726
1/11/2021 9:53pm
Also interesting on my computer I have a different account than my phone 😂

Post a reply to: Brake rotor issue

The Latest