SOLVED! :Brake bleed, NO Pressure!

o2
Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 4:31pm
2019 YZ450F

Replaced both brake lines with Braided.

Couldnt get pressure on either.
So i did reverse bleed. Both lines have fluid fully in them. No banjo bolts are obstructing flow.
Ive flick the levers till I stop seeing bubles in master Cylinder.

TO NO AVAIL. STILL NO BRAKES NO PRESSURE.

WTF AM I DOING WRONG?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
|
o2
4/29/2020 3:58pm
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
4/29/2020 5:09pm
o2 wrote:
I’d say there must be air in the line somewhere.

Did you us the correct fluid?

Did you use the copper crush washers?
o2
4/29/2020 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2020 5:21pm
o2 wrote:

Yes. Dot 4, new washers.

Got plenty of brake fluid passing through line. It seems to me its at the M/C . Bike is new. Like 5 hrs on it.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
4/29/2020 5:24pm
o2 wrote:

o2 wrote:
Yes. Dot 4, new washers. Got plenty of brake fluid passing through line. It seems to me its at the M/C . Bike is new. Like...
Yes. Dot 4, new washers.

Got plenty of brake fluid passing through line. It seems to me its at the M/C . Bike is new. Like 5 hrs on it.
Were the brakes working before you swapped the lines?

The Shop

o2
4/29/2020 5:25pm
Ive reversed bleed system. Fluid moves through line perfectly from bleeder screws. Getting no response at caliper.

No pressure at handle or foot lever *front& rear brake*

Ive pushed caliper pistons in too in hopes of removing air.

Got no idea. Older bikes Ive had , never had this issue.
o2
4/29/2020 5:25pm

o2 wrote:
Yes. Dot 4, new washers. Got plenty of brake fluid passing through line. It seems to me its at the M/C . Bike is new. Like...
Yes. Dot 4, new washers.

Were the brakes working before you swapped the lines?
Yes sir. Perfectly.
o2
4/30/2020 4:33pm
This may sound crazy, but I've been in automotive for 25 years now and I am also a tech. I KNOW HOW TO BLEED BRAKES, SO I WAS PISSED AND STUMPED.
I read the manual. I made sure I had plenty of fluid in my hoses. I did cause I did reverse bleed as my final attempt before bed.
The service manual says if after bleeding and you still have no pressure to let bike rest for two hours. Well, i gave it all friggin night!
First thing this morning. I started rear brakes, bled banjo bolt closest to Master Cylinder. Pump 5 times, hold dont realease and crack banjo bolt loose , re-tighten after. Do this 5 times, keeping fluid filled and COVER OFF THE WHOLE TIME. Then do banjo 5 times at caliper end. Then bleed at bleeder screw like 5 times.
THIS WORKED PERFECT FOR BOTH FRONT AND BACK BRAKES. This resolved my problem: LETTING BIKE REST OVER NIGHT WITH ALMOST FULL OF FLUID IN THE LINES.
I went to my yamaha dealership today to pick up some stuff and they said the bubbles are super microscopic and can be seen if you look closely. Its gotta set for awhile on a line or caliper change.

Thats what I did and it worked.

Hope this helps!
charlie68
5/1/2020 6:30am
I have had good luck zip tying the front brake lever to the grip and hanging a concrete block off the rear brake over night, the air works its way to the top and out of the fluid.
Hammer 663s
5/1/2020 7:04am
charlie68 wrote:
I have had good luck zip tying the front brake lever to the grip and hanging a concrete block off the rear brake over night, the...
I have had good luck zip tying the front brake lever to the grip and hanging a concrete block off the rear brake over night, the air works its way to the top and out of the fluid.
This ^. Easiest way, been doing it for years. Was gonna post it yesterday but I was bleeding the brakes on one of our Yamahas!

Hammer
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
5/1/2020 11:45am

Remove the caliper, place something between the pads to simulate thickness of rotor, place caliper higher than the master cylinder (tie it up there with a bungee cord or whatever), crack the bleeder and use the lever/pedal to pump fluid uphill and out of the bleeder. All air will easily be pumped out. Close the bleeder while keeping pressure on the lever so gravity does not pull the fluid back down and suck air. Remount caliper. Perfect.

Post a reply to: SOLVED! :Brake bleed, NO Pressure!

The Latest