Bottom end ‘13 kx250f

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2018 7:51 AM

Hey guys, long story short, I was at the track the other day, came around a corner, gassed out of it, and heard a “snap” and my bike completely died on me. Tried kicking it, bump starting, and it WOULD turn over but wouldn’t start. Took it to the shop and they said they’re gonna look at it and let me know but he thinks it’s my bottom end. If I have to replace it should I go OEM? Or just throw a bottom end rebuild kit from Vertex or Wrench Rabbit? Thanks guys

|

9/11/2018 8:18 AM

If your crank is still good, id just have it rebuilt or buy oem. Stay away from aftermarket cranks. If you feel you MUST have one, hotrods seems to have to least issues. Dont even consider wiseco cranks.

|

9/11/2018 8:20 AM

kb228 wrote:

If your crank is still good, id just have it rebuilt or buy oem. Stay away from aftermarket cranks. If you feel you MUST have ...more

Okay good looking out man, I’m going to sell it for a 450 once I get it fixed either way, it’ll have a fresh bottom end, I’m hoping it’s just a worn timing or something but it sounds like it’s the crank

|