Bottom End bearing removal??

rucka356
Any tips on how to pull bearings that u cant punch out from the back side?
|
paddyB745
7/2/2019 9:57pm
Heat up the case around the bearing and tap on the back of the case the bearing should fall out

The Shop

7/3/2019 11:22pm
Blind bearing puller is your ideal friend. I just purchased one and love it. But heat is also your friend like the other fellas said. Aluminum expands slightly faster when heated which will give you the expansion you need to help the bearing come out with ease. Propane torch will work, although some people I know are against just heating a small portion of the case due to fear of damage or warpage. Your best bet is an oven, if the wife isn’t too upset about you using it 😂👍🏻
7/4/2019 4:30am
Brownie281 wrote:
Blind bearing puller is your ideal friend. I just purchased one and love it. But heat is also your friend like the other fellas said. Aluminum...
Blind bearing puller is your ideal friend. I just purchased one and love it. But heat is also your friend like the other fellas said. Aluminum expands slightly faster when heated which will give you the expansion you need to help the bearing come out with ease. Propane torch will work, although some people I know are against just heating a small portion of the case due to fear of damage or warpage. Your best bet is an oven, if the wife isn’t too upset about you using it 😂👍🏻
I bought a small desktop oven that sits in the workshop - great for this sort of stuff and keeps the good lady at bay!
garagedog
Fantasy
722nd
7/4/2019 12:07pm
As mentioned above, heat. Oven, torch or BBQ. Then lightly drop the case on some wood. Falls right out. Do the same to install new bearings.
BAMX
7/5/2019 6:11am
Brownie281 wrote:
Blind bearing puller is your ideal friend. I just purchased one and love it. But heat is also your friend like the other fellas said. Aluminum...
SimonGreen wrote:
I bought a small desktop oven that sits in the workshop - great for this sort of stuff and keeps the good lady at bay!
This is how I do it and then pull it out of he oven and tap it lightly on something hard. If it doesn't come out, put it back in the oven and get out the blind bearing puller.

Post a reply to: Bottom End bearing removal??

The Latest