Boring out cylinder help

Hey guys, I’m currently rebuilding the engine on my 89 Suzuki ds 80. Since I’ll have it all apart, I was debating on boring it up to a 100cc. What do you guys think of this idea? Also is there anything that I should know going into this if I end up doing it ? Thank you, any knowledge is appreciated.
|
9/23/2018 9:43am
Probably gain more by raising the exhaust port a hair. Go easy on the bores. Save them for only when needed on that type of bike. Do they even make a piston kit to take it to 100cc?
9/23/2018 4:17pm
Hey guys I just pulled the head there is a decent amount of scoring on the exhaust side and the rest looks to be fine I can still see the cross etching, do you think I could get by honing this or is that scoring to much there not to deep but u can feel them forsure any help thanks a lot!
9/23/2018 4:51pm
Sounds like it may have seized on the exhaust side. If you can feel the scratches with your finger nail, time for a re-bore.
9/23/2018 4:51pm
Pulled the head and do me the cylinder looks fine pretty good minor scoring nothing big do you think from looking at the video it’s worth spending the 150 on the pistion or jjst buying new rings?

Post a reply to: Boring out cylinder help

The Latest