Blocked Pilot Jet

Never had a problem with them blocking up until the last couple of years It is now every time I go to start bikes they are blocked It is not dirt more like a film of oil Drain petrol at the end of the day out of bikes What is causing this ?Managed to go for 30 odd years with no problems
|
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/17/2019 11:00am
New fuel supply or new chemical in the fuel? If a 2-stroke, different premix? Spending more time between rides? There are lots of possible scenarios.
Try all-new fuel and add some stabilizer to it. (Or better yet, burn all your gas each ride day.)
4/17/2019 11:42am
Falcon wrote:
New fuel supply or new chemical in the fuel? If a 2-stroke, different premix? Spending more time between rides? There are lots of possible scenarios. Try...
New fuel supply or new chemical in the fuel? If a 2-stroke, different premix? Spending more time between rides? There are lots of possible scenarios.
Try all-new fuel and add some stabilizer to it. (Or better yet, burn all your gas each ride day.)
Maicos are on Putoline and the Husky125 is on Maxima 927 Yes they can sit for weeks without getting used Running super unleaded which is 97 octane compared to the normal unleaded at 95 Tried adding octane booster to the 97 fuel but the spark plug or plugs? failed so have not tried it since Can you have to much octane in the fuel ?
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/17/2019 2:19pm
i wonder if because you are draining the carbs of fuel whats left of the residual fuel is becoming gel like and bunging up your jets?

maybe try leaving the fuel in and adding a fuel stabilizer to see if that makes any difference?
yz133rider
4/18/2019 9:18pm
Start them up once a week and warm them up to operating temp and shut em down. Itll solve any issues.

The Shop

KDXGarage
4/19/2019 9:00am
I suggest tipping the bikes over and letting the float bowl SOMEWHAT drain before you let them set for a while.

Drain the bowl (if they have that on your bikes) if need be.

Is the 97octane RON only or MON only? In the USA, we have RON + MON / 2 octane.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/19/2019 9:17am
Falcon wrote:
New fuel supply or new chemical in the fuel? If a 2-stroke, different premix? Spending more time between rides? There are lots of possible scenarios. Try...
Maicoman07 wrote:
Maicos are on Putoline and the Husky125 is on Maxima 927 Yes they can sit for weeks without getting used Running super unleaded which is 97...
Maicos are on Putoline and the Husky125 is on Maxima 927 Yes they can sit for weeks without getting used Running super unleaded which is 97 octane compared to the normal unleaded at 95 Tried adding octane booster to the 97 fuel but the spark plug or plugs? failed so have not tried it since Can you have to much octane in the fuel ?
Yes, you CAN have too much octane, but it will simply get spat out in the exhaust with no ill effects. The problem is if you have too little octane; you'll then have issues with detonation (pinging.)

I'm not familiar with the Putoline, but I do know that 927 can separate a little while sitting. Shake your fuel cans and/or the bike to "remix" your premix when running a castor-based oil. It's possible your jets are plugged with the castor.

x2 on the fuel stabilizer.
4/19/2019 11:08am
Are you buying non ethanol gas? The ethanol will block jets pretty fast while sitting. I have done more carb work the last few years than I care to. If it has been clogged for any amount of time, it is easier to just replace the jet.
4/19/2019 4:35pm
809 wrote:
Are you buying non ethanol gas? The ethanol will block jets pretty fast while sitting. I have done more carb work the last few years than...
Are you buying non ethanol gas? The ethanol will block jets pretty fast while sitting. I have done more carb work the last few years than I care to. If it has been clogged for any amount of time, it is easier to just replace the jet.
In Britain you get unleaded 95 octane which is around 10% ethanol and super unleaded which is 97 octane which I think is ethanol free but I would not be betting any money on that statement Just found out from my son on Wednesday night that you get 99 octane He has got to drive 12 miles to get a garage that sells it as his car will not run right with the 97 out of our local garage Anyway took the carb off the Maico last night and the pilot jet was fine The last time I bought fuel 2 weeks a go it was from a different garage So driving past the garage today with a friend who starts having a rant about how much they charged him for a coffee Told him I was having problems with carbs and was beginning to wonder about their fuel He asks me who owns the garage Funny question I am thinking what he meant was what nationality Told him it was a guy from a certain country in the East He said petrol tanks need to hold 1000s of litres of fuel that can not get used and that owners from a certain country in the East have been known to fill them with water to save cash The petrol when poured in out of the tanker will sit on top of the water Not sure if I believe him or not Phoned a guy I know and asked him if he was having problems with his carb He has never had any although he is running the normal unleaded out of same garage rather than the high octane

Post a reply to: Blocked Pilot Jet

The Latest