Black Kashima??

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2017 10:05 AM

From what I understand the black coating on the upper fork tubes on the new Showa A-kits is a "Black Kashima" coating. I have a set of 51mm Showa's from JGR and they originally had some form of this black mystery anodizing, but they have faded in the sun and turned a sort of bluish, greenish, black color.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to get these recoated? Or if there are anyone who even offers this outside of Showa themselves? Any insight on this would be helpful, thanks!!!

|

8/12/2017 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2017 3:55 PM

Did you contact jgr?,. If you want the exact color, showa mite be the only option.

|

8/12/2017 3:07 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Did you contact jgr?,. If you want the exact color, showa mite be the only option.

Yeah I talked to JGR and they didn't give me any options for recoating them... And even if showa was the only one to do this, I'm not sure how I would get in touch with them and be able to get my stuff done.

|

8/12/2017 3:57 PM

mxb2 wrote:

FRANZINI499 wrote:

Yeah I talked to JGR and they didn't give me any options for recoating them... And even if showa was the only one to do this, ...more

Email, or phone, and ship. Like any other suspension stuff. If they do those forks? I always tell people before they buy stuff, Can it be serviced, parts replaced, or can you buy parts. A kits cost more to use and maintain.

|